NEED MODEL A FORD JALOPY HAULED-AUGUSTA TO PHILLY

SOMETIME IN THE NEXT 30 DAYS NEED RUNNING MODEL A JALOPY HAULED FROM AUGUSTA TO PHILLY AREA-TOTAL OF 700 MILES

PU READY APPROX MAY 5TH..................

[email protected]
Welcome to the forums.

This forum is not for hiring hauling it is for the discussion of personal equipment, methods and tips from by members.

As noted right under the title of the forum, there is a section in the classified ads for the service you are looking for.

Discussion topics related to how you haul your tractor and the related equipment.

Please see below for ISO ads for hauling etc:
No Business Advertising - These hauling ads are for individual, person-to-person advertising only and is not to be used by hauling companies or professional haulers. No Brokers.

Hauling & Transportation Ads

For the jalopy I would if it has some pieces that might or could fall off in transit look for an enclosed carrier for this so you don't lose any pieces that could be hard to find or are expensive to replace. No I would not look for a tarp job since it may not prevent pieces for m working out from under the tarp. I was a motor carrier for several years hauling just about anything I could get on the trailer from just about anywhere at the time.

For the jalopy I would if it has some pieces that might or could fall off in transit look for an enclosed carrier for this so you don't lose any pieces that could be hard to find or are expensive to replace. No I would not look for a tarp job since it may not prevent pieces for m working out from under the tarp. I was a motor carrier for several years hauling just about anything I could get on the trailer from just about anywhere at the time.
A driver went to jail here in NH around 20 years ago. An access panel flew off a piece of equipment that he was hauling. It sailed through the air and through the windshield of a car behind him and killed a young lady.

you guys are just too much! LOL

an old sedan cut down into a pickup that runs and drives. no pieces flying off, no windshields broken- lions and tigers and bears OH MY!

an old sedan cut down into a pickup that runs and drives. no pieces flying off, no windshields broken- lions and tigers and bears OH MY!
So, contact some commercial carriers, not the group here that moves their own equipment locally and are not doing contract hauling. This is not a hired hauling broker site, so you are going to get many different ideas.

Good luck.

Lets see you say jalopy and since we can't see it what are we to think about it you ask for trucking and I have had people in the past ask me to haul newly painted tractors in the past and wanted to have them tarped so then i say if I tarp it the paint will be ruined. They would then either decide to have it hauled open or they get an enclosed vehicle to haul it. Partly what I had in mind or if there had been extra parts with it. I have bought equipment with extra parts sent a long so then the need for a way to keep them on the truck or trailer.

And ya know what ronn? Just as with everything else in our world, no one else had these problems and they knew that it would never happen to them , but then it did. No one gets up in the morning and says "I am going to have a wreck today", DO THEY RONN?

And ya know what ronn? Just as with everything else in our world, no one else had these problems and they knew that it would never happen to them , but then it did. No one gets up in the morning and says "I am going to have a wreck today", DO THEY RONN?
And it would appear he joined and started this thread on a forum that has instructions that say it is not for hired hauling.

Jim.ME as for your attitude about use of forums. If I was new here I would probably leave you a piece of mind and then never be back . So what if somebody posts something in the wrong place it's no big deal. Letting them know kindly is one thing but ranting about it is another. And if most people looked at this site they would probably post here since it says tractor transporting for a title. Besides how much can somebody discuss how to load and tie down equipment ? Most of the posters I see use straps for it, and don't put edge protectors under the straps to prevent chaffing of the straps on sharp or rough edges and don't even think a thing about it till the strap is either worn through or flapping in the wind. I use chains for equipment and straps for smooth jobs like holding dual tires/wheels down where they don't have a chaffing issue. Brick and clock is supposed to have corner boards on it so they can't work out of the side of the load and fall off. I would bet most here load them then put a strap over them if they haul them. I also used satraps for the brick and block with corner boards so as not to chip the corners while on the truck.

I think the best way to nip all this in the bud is to change the name of this section of the forum. "Tractor Transporting " is like a flame to a moth. How would a newbie not be attracted to it??? Like I have posted before, people have the attention span of a gnat, and poor reading comprehension to boot. They see "Tractor Transporting" and that is all. They will not bother to read any written instructions after that, period.

Change the section name to "Trucks and Trailers" or something along those lines. Get rid of the word "Transporting".

Jim.ME as for your attitude about use of forums. If I was new here I would probably leave you a piece of mind and then never be back . So what if somebody posts something in the wrong place it's no big deal. Letting them know kindly is one thing but ranting about it is another. And if most people looked at this site they would probably post here since it says tractor transporting for a title. Besides how much can somebody discuss how to load and tie down equipment ? Most of the posters I see use straps for it, and don't put edge protectors under the straps to prevent chaffing of the straps on sharp or rough edges and don't even think a thing about it till the strap is either worn through or flapping in the wind. I use chains for equipment and straps for smooth jobs like holding dual tires/wheels down where they don't have a chaffing issue. Brick and clock is supposed to have corner boards on it so they can't work out of the side of the load and fall off. I would bet most here load them then put a strap over them if they haul them. I also used satraps for the brick and block with corner boards so as not to chip the corners while on the truck.
Thank you. Point taken on my being a bit rough here, I will try to do better in the future.

As for; if you were new and posting such a thread, giving me a piece of your mind, leaving and not coming back, take a look back at these type threads and see how many of these people who post about looking to get something hauled from point A to point B (hired hauling) only make the one post and never return regardless of how, or if, they are responded to. Using the discussion forum to find that type of hauling has always been against the intent of this forum, and is clearly described, if one reads the information, like many terms for use of the forums. I don't see it being the same as a regular member asking for names to contact about such hauling, being the same as "I am looking to get this hauled from A to B, in the next month".

As for the title of this Forum, I have suggested to the Administration, via the Contact Us form, it would seem it should be changed to reflect the true intent and possibly eliminate these "hauling wanted ads" here, that Tractor Transporting seems to be inviting. To date there has been some verbiage added for clarification, but they have chosen not to change the title, their forum, their call.

I agree with you on chains, binders, corner protectors and that straps are used wrong in too many cases.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back