Need Hauling 2 tractors and implements

dataway

New User
I'm posting here for advice on what type of hauler to use.
I've got to ship the items below 1100 miles from upstate NY to West TN. (Saratoga Springs NY to Martin TN area)
Ford 1715 with bucket and backhoe (about 3,900 lbs)
Kubota BX2200 with mower deck (about 2000 lbs)
5' disk cultivator
5' rock rake
3-point mounted chipper
And if I can get them on board a log splitter (tow behind) and an ATV.

I've been told hotshot trucking could handle it, I figure about 9,000 lbs . Not ready to put it in the hauling schedule yet as I feel short of information and advice about how to proceed. Date would be about the first week of May 2024.
Everything that should move under its own power does move under its own power. I'd have to bring up some of the implements with the Kubota and drop them off on the trailer. I assume a flat bed would be the proper equipment for this move?
Basically I'm moving my whole outfit (and myself and wife) to TN. A hauler could save me at least three trips down and back. I'd be present for the pickup of course, and I'd be present for the delivery (assuming the driver doesn't drive non-stop).
Thanks for any information or advice you can provide.

Start with length of the pieces so you know you can get all of it on one load. Then see what fits where and how. Another words if any of it will fit in the bucket of the loader then that would save some space. Now see if any can be loaded cross ways of the trailer to shorten the load length if needed. Width of load can be 102 inches or 8.5 feet. None of that will be an issue of over height so now it is just length of the load. Is it possible to have someone you know at one end or the other to help with loading or unloading? Most guys loading will also know how things need to be loaded and can run equipment to load if need be. I used to load equipment all the time when I did that work. I used to pick up at auctions and would have to find the piece then drive it over to the dock and load it. I would look for somebody that has ramps for loading and unloading since you will probably not have a dock there. Also can a semi or other long trailer get in the driveway or are you going to load and unload in the road. If in the road then just set things off on the side of the ditch or yard to expedite unloading /loading time to not tie up the road as long. A regular step deck would work well for this it will be easy to load with ramps and not be so high to get up on to as a flat bed would be. Another choice would be to load some of the smaller items on when you travel back and forth so some of it is already down there if you can. I would want some of it to be able to be put inside if I did that so things didn't grow legs while gone between trips. Price will be something you will have to negotiate for. Some times you get what you pay for in cheap rates. If you had a dock built at one end it would be a time saver and nmore efficient than using the ramps. What limbs do you have that will hit/rub the sides of the truck when entering and leaving at both locations. Is there room to turn around on dry ground if you do have a dock or are going to load on the property. Without just cranking the truck around and sliding the one axle on a spread it takes some room like a bit more than twice the length of the truck. We have to get into some strange locations to load sometimes. Part of the job just no sense in making it harder than need be. Some starting point carriers : Valley transportation MN 1-800-657-4910 , Then there are some others Diamond Transport in WI Anderson in MN Midwest in MN and there are many others. Yes these get all over the country so just because they are in MN does not mean they will not be able to be in the area with a truck when you need them. I used to load loads in FL TX And so on and I am in MI. You will probably need to remove the mower deck on the kubota to get clearance underneath to load. IF I was going to haul it I would load the disk on the top deck in front then the rake with the front end of it setting on the back of the disk put the chipper on the Kubota if I could then the log splitter with tongue back and to the side with the go buggy next to it. Then the tractor with the hoe on it to one side with the hoe swung to the same side now you can load the kubota next to the hoe takes about 20 to 30 feet this way I would guess. Put some rubber belt or old mud flap between anything you don't want touching like the rake and disk. IT will probasbly still wear some paint but that can be put back on when done. OR you could load the rake disc and splitter on a trailer in one load if the trailer is very big then just have the tractors and buggy hauled. Or call me if you want. 989 413 5684 or send me a message if you want up to you. I tend to call easier than messages for me.

First, thanks for all the information and advice.
I think I have most of those boxes checked. I'll be loading from the rural road I live on, can easily have all the equipment staged next to the road ready to go. I'll be present at the loading, and at the unloading.
Unloading will be done on off a very rural road with substantial flat firm ground. I do have a small trailer I could put two of the implements on which could be towed onto the trailer.

The 1715 and Kubota are 25' long parked in a line. Kubota and Quad can be parked side by side and not exceed 8'. I think everything would fit, big thing for me is not hanging up the driver with a long complex loading process. Personally I think everything could be physically placed on the trailer in 20 minutes not included securing the load. Just based on the probably time to connect, disconnect and move.

Yep, looking at Step Deck trailer photos they look absolutely ideal for what I need. Pretty sure the Kubota would make it up with the mower deck installed, it pulls up pretty high .. at the most a couple of blocks under the end of the ramps would get the angle small enough. I'm seeing lengths like 48' including ten foot deck ... which should be plenty of length.

What would you figure the driving time for this haul? It's almost exactly 1100 miles, driving time in a car is about 17 hours, in a truck hauling a small trailer 18-19 hours. (including food/gas stops). I ask because I'll be loaded up and ready to leave in my truck at the same time the hauler departs NY. I think I should be able to beat the hauler to the TN location. I often drive straight through without stopping for the night. I assume it would be a two day trip for the hauler.

Thanks for the input, even knowing some of the terminology helps.

Yes about a 2 day trip for legal travel. If you swing the hoe to one side it will save you some space on the trailer. Put the loader up on the top deck will save you some more bottom deck space. I would not bother to load pieces in a trailer to pull on as then you need to back it back off on the ramps. I would just set them on the top deck with the loader. IF in a trailer he will need to tie them down along with the trailer. A piece in the bucket would make sense since it could come off with the tractor. Things like weights could load there easily with a block under the front of the bucket to hold it from sagging during travel. If they any of them are turboed make sure they cover the exhaust so the turbo can't spin while dry. It is a reasonable request for anybody who has hauled equipment. I used to climb up and tape the exhaust on them, then untape before starting. Just don't do it while pipe is hot from running. IF you can leave your hand on it it is fine. Tape will melt the stickem to the pipe to get off if hot. Some guys have a boot they put over them. Since it could be freezing weather I would cover them anyway so water didn't get down them and freeze. Tarps will chafe paint and leave rub marks so if you don't want that you don't want to tarp anything. As they travel the tarp will rub causing that.

Sounds good. With the loader on the deck and the hoe to one side I think I would have room to spare.
I'm going to be all over the place helping the driver load and unload. I can basically put them on the trailer any way he wants, all he has to do is give instructions. I have weather covers for exhaust and nothing needs to be tarped.
I already feel much better about the process. Now I just have to find the right guy for the job.
Thanks again.

Your welcome. IF he has room he might put another piece on with them . that is called partials they will pay better with more pieces on one load. Like you things on then something from somebody else and so on till the truck is full. I have done that several times. Would load a shaker screen for Utah then ad a piece in Ia Ad another piece on the way drop one along the way and so on till I got to Utah and emptied off. I one time loaded a set of shaker tubes and shafts going to a gold mine in NV with a gazebo to Las Vegas NV , then loaded a shaker screen on the tail to Belvidere IL go the screen off and added a Skid steer and the Moline proving grounds for Deere going to Salt Lake Utah Dropped the skid steer on a Sat morning and the gazebo that evening then next morning added a haul truck radiator going to North NV . I believe it was going to Winamucka or some place similar. Al this in about a week. Then loaded Pipe in Golconda NV back to SE WY Torrington I believe it was. then loaded some steel in eastern NE going to Detroit MI About 10day for the whole turn. Paid very well for that trip out and back. So you might ask about that with the carrier you use for this. It could possibly be a bit cheaper for you if they do. Since you would be sharing the trailer space with other pieces.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back