Nead some help with a Ford 8670

vance.van

New User
I am working on a Ford 8670 that has 5,000 hours. It has sat in a shed for about 5 years. When we got it out to test drive it everything was good. The next day the owner drove it about 30 miles. About halfway the Hydro filter plugged light came on and once he got to his destination the brakes quit working and now the reverse is not working. I have changed the filters and oil and have also cleaned the sump screen. I have also cleaned a few screens in the control valve. I am getting 250psi on the Rev port on the side of the transmission. The local mechanic is telling me it's the clutch packs needing replaced. what ports do I need to hook up to see if it is actually leaking by internally? Thanks!

I am working on a Ford 8670 that has 5,000 hours. It has sat in a shed for about 5 years. When we got it out to test drive it everything was good. The next day the owner drove it about 30 miles. About halfway the Hydro filter plugged light came on and once he got to his destination the brakes quit working and now the reverse is not working. I have changed the filters and oil and have also cleaned the sump screen. I have also cleaned a few screens in the control valve. I am getting 250psi on the Rev port on the side of the transmission. The local mechanic is telling me it's the clutch packs needing replaced. what ports do I need to hook up to see if it is actually leaking by internally? Thanks!
The manual will tell how to go about testing using the onboard electronic diagnostics. It seems to me that the key measurement is clutch pack refill times, which will indicate if any of the clutch pack seals need replaced. I agree that clutch pack seals are a good possibility at 5,000 hours. Problems that develop after time to heat the oil up supports leaking seals.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back