Lost wrench inside of tractor as i was getting my shifter unstuck...ideas of getting out

My Farmall 560 was locked in gear. I need to improve the movement on my clutch and TA. Anytime I am under pressure the gears lock up and at times have to take the shifter off and use a wrench to align the gears back.

In doing so the other day, I was using another wrench as a filler and when the gear moved, the wrench fell into the hole and is now somewhere in the bottom of that tank. I have tried to magnet the wrench out...but have no luck...cannot see anything thru the little hole where shifter was removed.

Is there any other plate i can take off to get to the bottom of the compartment? I know I will need to drain the fluid..and it was time to do that anyway...but I see no help in using something to go fishing in the tank......
If it went to the bottom it will probably stay there, without causing problems. Stan

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back