new owner of a 620, will try to update this as we go.

This discussion is for the auxiliary wet line coupler's for running cylinders and such on drawn equipment. We're good all the way to the actual couplers, just one coupler is leaking fluid out of it when the power troll pump is turned on. Like if we were going to run the round baler on this tractor, we need to connect the hoses to run the tail gate so we can let the bale fall out. One of the quick disconnect fittings is leaking right out the end the hose would go in. there's a ball back in there that must not be seating properly when there's no hose in it. We want to fix that problem. We've been leaving the pump out of gear as a result of the leak, but that means nonfunctioning lift arms.

Actually, I should know this already, but is there supposed to be pressure on that when the control lever is not being pressed forward or back? I know our massey Ferguson 253 doesn't leak all the time but if we accidentally move one of the levers it sprays fluid everywhere if there's nothing plugged into it.

We have the operator's manual and the service manual both from Jensales. It might be clear enough and we're just too dumb to understand it. The filler is easy enough. I found other people talking about that on the internet, but so far I haven't made a good understanding for sure where the drain is for that.

My experience has been to just replace the coupler. Don't think there's any stand by pressure on the couplers. There's two drain plugs down below in the rock shaft housing. One of them is for the PTO clutch and the other is the hydraulic oil. If I remember right the one for the hydraulic is a taller thicker drain plug than the PTO. Even if you do pull the wrong plug it doesn't hurt to change oil in the PTO. HOWEVER if the internal PTO seal is leaking transmission oil into the PTO housing you're gonna overfill a 2 gallon drain pan from half the oil in the transmission being slowly drain out through the leaking oil seal.

My experience has been to just replace the coupler. Don't think there's any stand by pressure on the couplers. There's two drain plugs down below in the rock shaft housing. One of them is for the PTO clutch and the other is the hydraulic oil. If I remember right the one for the hydraulic is a taller thicker drain plug than the PTO. Even if you do pull the wrong plug it doesn't hurt to change oil in the PTO. HOWEVER if the internal PTO seal is leaking transmission oil into the PTO housing you're gonna overfill a 2 gallon drain pan from half the oil in the transmission being slowly drain out through the leaking oil seal.
Apparently it must be mostly alright because we did change it already and I didn't know about that seal issue, and we had already flushed and put new transmission fluid in just a few minutes prior, so it would have been rather sad to lose it like that. We were able to figure out the PTO but got stumped when we got to the hydraulic. There's a super long all-encompassing maintenance video for the Jd60 on Youtube I believe, going to watch that again and see if he answers the question. Trouble is, he's in a building and it's got super bad echo and I can't understand a dang word he says in the whole hour plus video.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back