7000 john deere radial meter

chcase

Bought 4 used john deere radial meters was wondering what chart to use as always used the bean cups until this year. The meters have three wing nuts on the side

Bought 4 used john deere radial meters was wondering what chart to use as always used the bean cups until this year. The meters have three wing nuts on the side
The owners manual only shows for the feed cups and not the jd radial meter AA48999

Not real well versed on a Deere planter but are not the radial meters used for corn and not for beans as they don't turn fast enough to plant the correct population in beans?

Look at the population for the radial meters I believe it will prove out my previous reply to this. Not for sure since I never really worked with a Deere planter.

Look at the population for the radial meters I believe it will prove out my previous reply to this. Not for sure since I never really worked with a Deere planter.
They made a bean cup for bean and then up graded to a bean radial meter Had the john deere version AA48999 (later version) and shoup has there own version called a brush meter, a version copied after another brush style. No charts in the owners manuals as the meters for beans came out later as a update. The chart was in with the meters when bought new but mine was bought used and local JD dealer parts person of no use.

Does the radial bean meter singulate seeds like the finger pickup corn meter does? If so you could probably just scale the numbers in the corn chart up by the ratio of how many cells the radial meter has compared to the finger pickup meter.

I’m sort of going by memory here. If your planter has the finger type pickup for corn I believe there are twelve fingers. If you count the seed slots in the radial bean meter it may be perhaps 48 or 60. Therefore the bean population would be 4 or 5 times the corn population. If you set the planter to around 30000 corn seeds per acre, switch to bean disks, do the math and get 120,000 or 150,000 beans per acre. Somewhere in the 140,000 range should work well. Hope this helps.

chcase, did a little searching on the net using the terms "john deere radial bean meter seed rates" and came up with some interesting finds. May be what you're looking for. Going to try put a link to one (if it will work).

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...HhAWegQICxAB&usg=AOvVaw1-6JDZ72sq09YBgF5NVYSf

Might help you out.

Paul

edited: Looks like the link is working, at least for me after posting it.

Does the radial bean meter singulate seeds like the finger pickup corn meter does? If so you could probably just scale the numbers in the corn chart up by the ratio of how many cells the radial meter has compared to the finger pickup met
I will be opening one up to count if mine is 56 or 60 cell and then use the corn chart in the book and multiple it. Was just hoping someone had a chart from the original instructions. Thanks for all the reply to this
Does the radial bean meter singulate seeds like the finger pickup corn meter does? If so you could probably just scale the numbers in the corn chart up by the ratio of how many cells the radial meter has compared to the finger pickup meter.

Thank you Paul, I took my phone to my daughter's and she printed the chart off. That is the chart that I was hoping to find.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back