John deere soybean radial meters

chcase

I priced used jd radial meters for a 7000
planter and they are about the same price
as new after market soybean meters. Are
they that much better??

I bought mine about 5 years ago and paid $50 each for the Deere radial meters. I have been very happy with my stands but have never used anything else except the old feed cups which were little more than a controlled spill. Tom

Tom, They are now up close to $100 over what you paid (looking in Shoup catalog $142.50 + still need the seed disc). Was thinking about it but more than I can put out this year. Guess I'll use the drill again. Paul

No local dealers have any used meters.Salavge yards want the cost of what new after market meters are for used untested meters.

Get a 5,6,or 8thousand White planter the disc are only about 20.00 each and will plant like the Deere seed disc with a controlled drop of each seed. Not a controlled spill like a drill or the old Deere seed cups. The 6000 series have the 2 bushel boxes while the 5000 series usually have the smaller boxes on them. I think we paid a couple years ago something like 16-18 dollars for a couple seed discs for it.

I have the Kinze bean meters in my 7000, bought them used about $60 back some years ago. Very happy with them.

My understanding is the JD is slightly better but both the Kinze and Shoup brand meters are real good. Any of the 3 will work great for you.

Paul

There is or was a guy in Illinois that sold planter parts. Think his name was Herb in Rankin,Il. He used to have ads in the Farm World paper. He treated me right on some 7200 parts but that was 20 years ago.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back