Would you trust this blade on a 4" angle grinder?

Mule Meat

Local hardware store got some of these blades in stock now. Gave me the geebies just holding one thinking of all the times over the years that my fingers have been burnt by grinding disc and wire wheels..

Scares me to even think about one of them running across flesh..

mvphoto33489.jpg

Aw c'mon MM, how many fingers do you REALLY need? ;-)
That said, a pal has that and swears it's the best
tool ever for cutting the front edge on pulling tires.

gm

(quoted from post at 08:27:27 03/26/19) Aw c'mon MM, how many fingers do you REALLY need? ;-)
That said, a pal has that and swears it's the best
tool ever for cutting the front edge on pulling tires.

gm

I say it would be a good blade for cutting pulling or bogging tires.

I guess that I have reached that age where obtaining bodily hurts no longer appeal to me.

If you are worried about that...reinstall the safty shield you took off and
threw in a drawer. Simple fix.

I found them on ebay and read what they have to say. Looks main intent was wood carving. Say also for ice,plastics and hard rubber. Also cautions to not use a switch lock on the grinder.

There's a huge flea market near here in Canton Tx.

Several years ago there was human interest story on the local news about a wood carver there that made the large chain saw sculpted carvings out of tree trunks, stumps, slabs, etc.

He was quite good, but he was the real deal hillbilly!

He was bragging how it was a family affair, even his 6 year old son helped.

Sure enough, there he was with a chainsaw, whittling away at a trunk.

The news reporter was quite shocked to see this, asked "Isn't that a little dangerous?"

The hillbliiy's reply "Oh no, we don't never let him have the sharp ones!" LOL

I used a similar one almost twenty years ago to carve a rocking horse for my daughter .

mvphoto33499.jpg

The teeth were actually part of the disc rather than attached as in the one shown . I had no trouble with it , it was only 4 inches in diameter and the resistance when cutting though aged Oregon timber was only slight . It left a surprisingly smooth finish that was easy to clean up with chisels and sanding afterwards .

I?ve got one. Need the shield and side handle. Used to use it to hog out the rotten/busted plywood in FRP trailer walls when repairing them.

I've got one and have used it several times. Does what it's designed for, works really well for cleaning up tenons and such. NOT something you want to operate while having brain farts....

A grinder doesn?t scare me one bit I?ve gotten a few
pretty bad cuts from them over the years a paper
towel and some black tape I was good to go again .
That thing would be kinda scary and what If it came
apart ?

I think I'd be more concerned about those two flimsy little screws holding the two shell-halves of that hub together, instead of having good
solid rivits or spot-welds around the circumference. It wouldn't take much vibration to loosen those screws and allow that chain to come
flying off at 10,000 RPM. - And what about the empty slots, where's the screws for those?

Must be made in the 'Land of Almost Right'. Scary!

Thanks Jeffcat :)
Not much of a flying steed , even though I used the rapid carving disc I mentioned it still took the best part of a year to finish . Daughter loved it though , she is almost 24 now and still loves it .

I and a lot of other people have blades just like that mounted on bars that are often over twenty inches long and powered by gasoline engines. We trust those and they are a lot bigger.

I have the same type blade that goes on my string trimmer for brush cutting but its larger diameter . It works pretty good along the ground or trimming branches overhead. I like it better than a pole saw for 2-3" and under branches.

Ya but you hold a saw a lot further from your body
than you do a grinder I have a grinder get away
from me a few times but never a chain saw

(quoted from post at 18:47:33 03/27/19) Ya but you hold a saw a lot further from your body
than you do a grinder I have a grinder get away
from me a few times but never a chain saw

SV, many people have had chainsaws get away from them, which is why the anti-kickback bar was invented and became mandatory around twenty years ago.

(quoted from post at 04:23:18 03/27/19) I think I'd be more concerned about those two flimsy little screws holding the two shell-halves of that hub together, instead of having good
solid rivits or spot-welds around the circumference. It wouldn't take much vibration to loosen those screws and allow that chain to come
flying off at 10,000 RPM. - And what about the empty slots, where's the screws for those?

Must be made in the 'Land of Almost Right'. Scary!
Those screws don't hold it together. Honestly, I'm not sure why they're there or what the lots are for. Maybe some people use them to keep the halves from spinning allowing the blade to spin under heavy usage. Just a guess.

22 Tooth Saw Chain Blade Circlet Replacement For 4 Inch Angle Grinder Chain Disc Wood Carving Disc

June (second weekend?)sees some of the world best chain saw carvers arriving in the small town Of "CHETWYNED" in North Western British Columbia Canada....

Carvers from the USA produce WORLD CLASS CARVINGS.....:)

Bob....

cvphoto18118.jpg

cvphoto18119.jpg

cvphoto18120.jpg

cvphoto18121.jpg

(quoted from post at 08:46:02 03/27/19)
I and a lot of other people have blades just like that mounted on bars that are often over twenty inches long and powered by gasoline engines. We trust those and they are a lot bigger.

Yup. I wonder how many of the same guys that go on and on about safety think nothing of having a few brewskis and then jumping in the car or on the tractor or in the boat. It's the guy running the machine that's the dangerous part!

The screws hold the halves together and the chain aligned, then when you spin the bit on a grinder the big arbor nut tightens everything down.

For sharpening purposes, it's a lot easier to have the chain lay flat for grinding. I personally leave it together and use a file.

(quoted from post at 20:43:45 03/28/19) The screws hold the halves together and the chain aligned, then when you spin the bit on a grinder the big arbor nut tightens everything down.

For sharpening purposes, it's a lot easier to have the chain lay flat for grinding. I personally leave it together and use a file.
I don't own one, so this is just a question. Why is it in all videos I've watched of how to assemble and use one, none of them mention or show the screws being present?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back