White 2-155 hydraulics

ffreeb

I talked to a guy today about a 2-155 White. He said the only problem with it is if it sits for a couple of days you have to start it with your foot on the brake and hold it for 10-15 seconds after it starts or the hydraulics will be noisy from air mixing with the oil. Any ideas what it would take to fix it?

The charge pump seals located behind the hydraulic pump are most likely not sealing properly causing the hydraulic oil to drain back into the rear. The shaft could be worn also in the charge pump.

Can it be repaired either way without splitting the tractor? Are parts available?
Been awhile since I had one apart. Tractor doesn't need split. U need to take the top cover off the top of the transmission to access the tube inside going to the pump if I remember correctly. Pump pulls out the side of the transmission case. The hydraulic pump is mounted directly to it. Not that difficult of a job, just time consuming. All the 2-135, 2-155 and 2-180 should have the same parts if not even the workhorse series, like a 120, 140, 160, 185 and 195

Looks like a pretty nice tractor for the age any being original. Cab isn't all rusted out either. Those FWD front axles are quite $ to repair. We have a 2-155 that we put an 8.3 cummins in. It was underpowered with the old hercules, but not terrible. The price tag is pretty high, but tires look decent. I would think $10 -$15K would be more in line with pricing, but I haven't really checked prices lately. Look around on tractor house or other tractor sites. Our 2-155 has the same issue of the charge pump not building pressure immediately like this one but hydraulics work fine otherwise after system builds pressure. I'm thinking there was an update to the charge pump to help eliminate this issue. My 2-180 doesn't make any hydraulic noises at startup, and hydraulics work immediately.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back