Mahindra E Max20 ballast box weight

Johnhorn

New User
I am trying to figure out how much weight to put in a ballast box on my emac 20. I have a backhoe that weighs about 600 lbs. So I was thinking the ballast box should be about the same since it seems stable with the backhoe on.

I made a concrete weight for my Kubota B2620, which appears to be about the same size as your tractor. I figure it weights just a bit more than 300lb. That seems to be just right for my tractor - lots of stability with the bucket full of stone or dirt, but I can manage taking it off and putting it back on without too much struggle. You should not need more than that.

Tim

The Barbell weighs 400#. If I extend the backhoe,
it will lift my front wheels off the ground. I
had 2 more weights to make a total of 600#. That
was too much. Make a barbell instead of a ballast
box.
cvphoto164643.jpg

This is not a full 55 gallon barrel filled with
concrete.
cvphoto164644.jpg

I made a 55 gallon concrete ballast for my
neighbor. I estimate it weighed about 1000#
He used the ballast to move large bales of hay
that weighed about 1000#

I tried lifting this metal brake(break?) without
a ballast. My front tires were almost flat.
cvphoto164645.jpg

(quoted from post at 18:17:47 10/14/23) I made a concrete weight for my Kubota B2620, which appears to be about the same size as your tractor. I figure it weights just a bit more than 300lb. That seems to be just right for my tractor - lots of stability with the bucket full of stone or dirt, but I can manage taking it off and putting it back on without too much struggle. You should not need more than that.

Tim

Thanks. That sound like a reasonable amount of weight and manageable. I will give that a shot.

Try to come up with something that will allow you to add to it if you find that you're a little light. For example, figure out the amount of space you'll need for 300lb, then double it, but only fill it halfway at first.

(quoted from post at 05:27:02 10/15/23) Try to come up with something that will allow you to add to it if you find that you're a little light. For example, figure out the amount of space you'll need for 300lb, then double it, but only fill it halfway at first.

Good idea.

Impossible for me to connect my concrete ballast to 3 pt without using a chain and lifting it with my terramite loader.

(quoted from post at 15:30:42 10/15/23) Impossible for me to connect my concrete ballast to 3 pt without using a chain and lifting it with my terramite loader.

I is not impossible. It is very easy. A friend had one just like it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back