How much HP to pull John Deere 7000 4 row planter

Anonymous-0

What would you consider the appropriate horse power to pull a 4 row JD 7000 corn planter? What have you guys pulled it with?

Dad pulled his with a Super H back in the day. Had to stop and shift to neutral at the headlands to raise the planter. We have some pretty hilly land too.

(quoted from post at 12:44:47 03/25/13) Pulled our 4 row with a super H also had fertilizer on it also but you would be better off with a 45 hp tractor like a 460, 504 or something like that.

I've pulled a 495A 4 row with fertilizer boxes with an H. 1st gear only. Got the job done when the H was the only tractor available and the corn needed to be in the ground, but just as soon as the 856 was available again it didn't take me long to put the planter behind IT.

A tractor in the 60 to 70 horsepower range would be a good choice.

It is not somuch the Hp. but the hyd. to lift it . 1250 psi will not lift a 7000 Deere notill planter with fert. and is a bit slow on a 1750 psi system to raise . over here in our humps and bumps a 706 is about as small as ya want to go . A weighed S/MTA will pull it but it will not lift it with the stock 4 inch J D hyd cyl. A J D 7000 is heavy not like my J D 1240 where the belly pump on my S/H will lift it .

My H would not lift the marker arms on a 7000 with the lift-all pump. It is fine now with live hydraulic pump.

I would think an H would pull a 4 row on level ground just fine. I would want more tractor if hilly and hauling fertilizer.

What the Tractor Vet said. A JD 7000 is a no till planter. You need atleast 1750 hyd psi. A 560, 656, 60hp will pull it on flat ground but will not lift it. A 706 hyd system will.

(quoted from post at 01:56:44 03/26/13) What the Tractor Vet said. A JD 7000 is a no till planter. You need atleast 1750 hyd psi. A 560, 656, 60hp will pull it on flat ground but will not lift it. A 706 hyd system will.

My dad had a 7000 6 row. It was NOT a no till.

(quoted from post at 17:21:58 03/25/13) What would you consider the appropriate horse power to pull a 4 row JD 7000 corn planter? What have you guys pulled it with?

I pull my 6 row 7000 planter with my Farmall 300 4th gear high torque with no problem. I am in conventional till, I don't think I could pull it that fast in notill. I also do not use fertilizer in the planter and have a big lift cylinder. I would say that lifting will be the issue you will have and that depends on the lift cylinder size, wear on the planter, and whether you run fertilizer tanks full or not. I have converted my 300 to 12V so the planter monitor will work also on that tractor. This setup works extremely well to split 15 inch beans with. You can not tell the rows that were run over with a 300.

Fertilizer makes a HUGE difference both in how hard the planter pulls and how much it takes to lift.

You could probably pull and lift a 4-row planter with a Super C without fertilizer.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back