boler76

got great feedback on Mahindra query, now wondering about Branson, I am in the market for a low budget newer tractor to clear snow and grade my lane? Thanks for all input

My would love to have a newer tractor with a cab, however it must be a gasser. They don't make such a thing, so I have no choice, yesterdays tractors only.

Does Branson still exist? I thought they went bankrupt, were purchased by a company that renamed the tractors as Montana, and then went belly up again.

Kubota is solid, and so is Mahindra.

Appears Branson tractors have a new owner and still built using the Branson name. Be sure to check it out. I have run several different brands and models of tractors using them (whatever was furnished) doing track preparation work at pulls. Some of those ( mahindra, Branson) are nice units. I have seen some that are horribly underpowered. Also: if a hydrostatic transmission: some of those are very uncomfortable to run: especially for extended periods of time.

Them and tym same thing poor dealer support they set up sell for awhile then dealer goes out. You might want to look at a major brand. Oh wait till you need a part for those off brands.

I have a 2007 6530 Branson with loader; Cummins diesel engine. Was mowing one day and a rock shattered my right cab door. Called the Plainview, TX. distributor and had one at my house, VIA UPS in 3 days. He had 7 in stock ! Common items are readily available. Odd ball parts, as with any tractor can take awhile. I purchased another small Branson in 2016 with another Cummins, the 2400 with loader for smaller odd jobs. Happy with both. Don't judge a horse by it's color and don't bash if you know not that which you are bashing.......sir!

I'm not sure where Branson is priced, but I know 'here', Mahindra isn't far off Deere, and likely not Kubota either. If they're similarly priced, and you can swing the difference, Kubota would be #1, Deere #2, Mahindra #3, anything else #4, and Chinese tractors #5

Long term cost of ownership is incredibly low with Kubota. After 13 years and 1100 hours they allowed me 85% of the original sales price on my trade.

George, I know you don't like the smell of diesel but times have changed. New fuels, clean burning engines, better designs, not what it used to be. Maybe you can find a dealer that will let you demo one and see how it goes. You might be pleasantly surprised along with enjoying the 4wd and quick release FEL implements (the skid steer hitch), short wheel base, flat floors, air seats. etc.

The spilled fuel at the gas pumps still stinks as bad as ever so I have to go to the pump that does not have diesel. I got overcome and was sick from the exaust of a borrowed tractor years ago.

Where would you even go to find a dealer for either one? I don't think there is a Dealer in my quarter of the state or anywhere close in the next state. Lots of Kubota dealers, more than Deere and more yet than Case-IHC or Agco.

You are right, some improvements. Neighbor just bought a new 55 hp 4 wheel drive, FIL. Smells better at an idle, put it under load and I have to stay upwind.

I really don't think the US will see Tier 5 for at least another 4 years.

I think many people want a tractor with good dealer support. I really don't think there is such a thing as a good and cheap tractor. You get what you pay for.
I can easily pay cash for a new tractor. Instead I have to settle for old gassers that I have to repair.

If there was ever a diesel I could stand to be next too, it would be in my pole barn.

BTW, I can't operate a gas tractor that uses oil and smokes. I can't be next to a 2 cycle chainsaw either. I can't stand to be around any gas engine that isn't burning cleanly. I'm impressed with how clean my 2007 GMC exhaust is. If you pull the plugs on all my gas engines, you will see snow white plugs. None of them use a drop of oil.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back