Super major paint

tcfcowboy

New User
Back with another question about my ‘62 Super major. I am getting ready to paint and was wondering how much paint I will need. I am planning to use Tisco empire blue, and also Tisco epoxy primer, unless you don’t recommend it, I’m not looking for a show grade paint just working tractor, so PPG is out of my budget, wondering how much paint and primer I will need to prime and paint it. Thanks in advance guys.

Get a gallon of each of the primer and the finish paint. With the price differential between quarts and gallons, if you only use 3/4 of each you will still be money ahead. If it were me, I would have a very long talk with the man in the mirror before I bought the Tisco paint.

Ok yeah, I talked to some friends last night and they cautioned against using Tisco paint so I won’t use that. Will 1 gallon of paint and primer be enough for the whole tractor.

Ok yeah, I talked to some friends last night and they cautioned against using Tisco paint so I won’t use that. Will 1 gallon of paint and primer be enough for the whole tractor.
Yes, one gal of each with the recommended reducer will be adequate. And YES!!! stay away from the TISCO!! forget color, forget brand, forget store. Remember just one thing: ACRYLIC ENAMEL. It costs a lot more than the cheap Alkyd enamel, but it costs a tiny fraction of the expensive paints, and it will last far, far, longer.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back