5105 fuel tank leak update

Jim in LA

I posted Nov 6 regarding a possible cracked fuel tank. I inspected the fuel sending unit wiring connection on the bottom of the tank and found it could be turned by hand. I had replace this part about 12 years ago at a cost of around $120.00. Today s price $292.26 plus $8.00 for the gasket. I put 5 gallons in the tank and so far no leaks. Not a good location for the connector as limbs,vines, and other stuff can snag the wiring harness which I suspect happened in both cases. I still have an electrical issue that involves a common wire connection to the sending unit,PTO/key on alarm, and the tachometer sensor. Shop manual shows common connection, just a matter of tracing them out. Right now fuel gauge shows 3/4 full with only 4-5. gallons in the tank. It appears that the problem may be corrosion at the interconnections and possibly the common ground point.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back