1950 M Farmall clutch, installed new clutch and pressure plate. now when engage clutch cant shift without grinding gears,

Status
Not open for further replies.
John M, you should have said “If it has shipping/ installation caging bolts did you remove them? Not all clutches come with those.
Oh, Im so sorry! I did it again. Please forgive me, mighty used red MN, but every pressure plate Ive installed in a Farmall M have came with the 3 bolts THAT HOLD IT TOGETHER DURING SHIPMENT AND INSTALLATION!

Oh, Im so sorry! I did it again. Please forgive me, mighty used red MN, but every pressure plate Ive installed in a Farmall M have came with the 3 bolts THAT HOLD IT TOGETHER DURING SHIPMENT AND INSTALLATION!
:) the town cop caught u also. lol.

IF the lined plate is not installed backwards it is likely that the new lined plate is "almost right" and is thicker than what the pressure plate was set up for, which causes the release fingers to be too far forward/away from the throwout bearing.
thinking this is the problem, how or where do i find measurement for where fingers should be

Always sure are we matey!?!? Per the handy dandy new improved YT, the OP was last seen at 3:16P on 4/27. Which means he hasn’t seen a single reply written, unless he is viewing it without signing in. Maybe he had a self revealing moment of the actual problem.
awww mate, ive read the replys just not ready to beak it apart again taking lots of advice so i know what to look for havagooday

I have him ignored, and several others, but I noticed he replied to me, so I had to answer. Im so sick of this place I rarely come anymore. To many know it alls, and too many smarta$$eS for me any more.
Hey, I admit I dont know anything, and I try to be a nice guy, not a smart arse. So you can talk to me.

Gene

Status
Not open for further replies.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back