Yanmar 226D clutch carrier felt seals?

mikehill

New User
I am replacing the clutch on my 1980's Deere 750 (Yanmar) tractor, which has the same clutch parts as the YM226D. When I knocked out the bushings in the throw-out earing carrier sleeve (see 20 the parts diagram), there are two felt seals that site behind the bushings (19 in the parts diagram), I have looked for the technical manual to see how the seals should be installed (with grease or other) as well as what the two holes in the carrier sleeve that are directly above the felt seals are used for. I also don’t understand why the seals would be covered by the bushings as they don’t move? Any insights would be greatly appreciated!

1708917862024.png

IMG_2474.JPG

IMG_2476.JPG

Groove for seal from inside

IMG_2479.JPG

View attachment 854299
Old bushing with wear mark from felt seal

Not a lot of detailed instructions given in the 220/226 manual but it does say to "immerse" the carrier in transmission oil before installing and after installation the excess is to be wiped off.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back