Will it work?

Lynn Patrick

Have any of you tried putting one of these IH cabs on a Ford? Or could someone who has one of these cabs please do some measures to see if it's at all feasible? I think one of these cabs would make my 2110 snow-moving tractor (7' front blade & 7' 3 point blower) a LOT more usable! I realize it would mean building mounts, but I'll have all next summer to do it!
1705415869856.png

I can buy cabs like this for $100! A heat houser does little to keep snow from a rear blower off me, but I keep considering one!

I can buy cabs like this for $100! A heat houser does little to keep snow from a rear blower off me, but I keep considering one!
Enough time, money and fabrication many cabs can be made to fit. Do you want it on year-round?

Another method to mention, build a little frame work and a golf cart enclosure makes a fair winter cab without a lot of work and easier to remove.

Enough time, money and fabrication many cabs can be made to fit. Do you want it on year-round?

Another method to mention, build a little frame work and a golf cart enclosure makes a fair winter cab without a lot of work and easier to remove.
Good idea! And I would leave it on year around.

Good idea! And I would leave it on year around.
It's not real polished looking but cost isn't bad. I see one used regularly on a JD 401C in the winter. It is put on over the pipe frame and roof. It keeps most of the snow and wind away from the operator during operation and the snow off while the tractor is setting outside. Make a couple canvas side curtains for alongside the engine and it will bring some heat into the enclose, like a heat houser. Might be a cheap way to have shelter while you ponder a cab.

If you do install an actual cab, you're going to want some type of heater/defroster otherwise your windows will be constantly fogged up on the inside, and if blowing snow from your rear snowblower hits the cab, it will stick and stay on the outside windows. A heater/defroster will be needed to handle those issues. Do you use your tractor in the summer? A cab without air will be miserable in the summer unless you take the doors off and maybe the windows out.

I'm with you though on the cab for snow duty comfort. I thought about trying one of the small canopies made for a walk behind snowblower mounted backwards when I was still using my Ford 860 with rear snowblower but never did. I went to the orange side instead with a cabbed Kubota with front blower and rear box blade for snow duty. My 860 now gets used to haul wood pellets from the pole barn to the house in winter.

If you want comfort go with technology - Wireless video and remote control is pretty cheap these days, sit in the house and operate the machine remotely :D

I'm getting some really great ideas, but sure would like it if someone said "Yup! I mounted one on my x000 & BOY is it easy! Here's how!!"
Doesn't look like that's going to happen.
Here's the story: I have 6 tractors to maintain my 3 lots in town & do favors for neighbors & friends. The 2110 has a 7' front blade w/electric raise & hyd tilt, a 7' 3 point blade w/hyd tilt, & a 7' 3 point blower for when needed. My Jube, 4000 LCG, 541 Offset, Fordson Major Diesel & Allis G can handle the easy summer jobs, so the 2110 is only used in the summer when I want to.
Heat, AC, SIRIUS Radio, etc... would be nice, but what I REALLY want is to have a piece of glass & a roof between me & the blowing snow because, as I'm sure you all know, no matter what direction you blow snow & what direction the wind is blowing, it's going to COVER you!!!
A new(er) tractor w/front everything or remote control from my big chair will have to remain a dream until I can do that for the $100 plus a bunch of hours work I figure this will run!
I would even accept thankfully if someone said, "That cab size is very difficult to mount, but a XXXXX brand/style cab works!"

Have any of you tried putting one of these IH cabs on a Ford? Or could someone who has one of these cabs please do some measures to see if it's at all feasible? I think one of these cabs would make my 2110 snow-moving tractor (7' front blade & 7' 3 point blower) a LOT more usable! I realize it would mean building mounts, but I'll have all next summer to do it!
View attachment 2402

That’s a lot of cab for your size tractor, normally those cab were mounted on IH tractors in the 80-150 hp range. It’s going to look really big on your 30 hp compact
I have a Ansen cab from a IH I’m going to install on a 5000 Ford row crop chassis, I’m not saying it won’t fit but measure the width at the mounts to see how far apart your rear tires need to be and go from there

That’s a lot of cab for your size tractor, normally those cab were mounted on IH tractors in the 80-150 hp range. It’s going to look really big on your 30 hp compact
I have a Ansen cab from a IH I’m going to install on a 5000 Ford row crop chassis, I’m not saying it won’t fit but measure the width at the mounts to see how far apart your rear tires need to be and go from there
I agree about the size, but thought the style might look good! I am in contact w/a guy who has one for sale & have asked him for some measurements, but two double-digit snowfalls make everything difficult! Good thing I'm not in a hurry! He also has Hinson he would sell.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back