What will this old AC 66 all crop bring?

rockyridgefarm

An old AllCrop 66 is up for online auction up in Sauk city this week. There are two, actually. This one looks the better one with a Hume reel.

1709571768832.jpeg

Allis combine link

Tough to say. We bought a good 66 which came with a second for parts for $500 several years ago, and more recently a 90 for $600. I'd never want to go back to a draper style 60/66 after using the 90. Chances are I'll never touch the 66 again. Cool pieces of old equipment, but they take up just too much shed space to practically be worth it for most people to keep around. At least with the 72/90 there are no canvases to worry about, and you can still use them and at least pretend it's worth it to keep around. Occasionally you see some chancer trying to fetch $1500 or more for one on Facebook Marketplace, but they never sell.

I've seen them go up to $300 in good shape with a good canvas. Old canvas can be changed out for a rubberized one but they aren't cheap. I have a 66 that I have to cover and store outside so I take the bottom canvas off when not using it. Its a bit of work but I only use it once every couple of years.

Weight x scrap price.
Usually the case around here , BUT,a couple years back, an estate sale with a very nice shed kept one with a good rubberized canvas, hume reel and a scour-kleen with all the screens, attracted the attention of two people who really wanted it and it went for $2000. My guess is they both were doing small acreages of oddball specialty seeds. For sure were not collectors.

Very little sorry to say. 15 or 20 years ago guys would pay a bit for a nice one but not any more. I had an extremely nice 66 and when I got tired of playing with it 6-7 years ago I listed it for sale for $500 and it sat, finally got $150 and was glad to get it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back