Thinking About A New Tractor

Vicinalvictor

So, I'm thinking about a new compact John Deere 3043d tractor, without a loader, dealership price is $26,200 out the door. This is a mfwd tractor, 43 hp. turbo charged engine, 36 pto hp. with a gear transmission. What do you guys think about buying a tractor now? Salesman says 4% increase on msrp next year. I do not know if the economy is getting better or worse, this tractor has been sitting on their lot for a year, brand new.....

I don't know how these chain stores operate anymore, but when I bought a new Deere back in 81 from the local dealer, when we had local dealers, they knocked 12% right off the top because I didn't trade anything in.

If you're looking for outside economic reasons not to, don't buy. Some little red hen is always going to tell you the sky is falling. My uncle was one of the most financially successful people I ever knew and his motto was always ''It's as good a time to borrow money as any.''.

When I have answer a question like this for myself. Do I really need it?

But of course I had a good friend back in the day. I overheard him talking with his dad once about buying a fancy car. Dad asked, What do you need that for?

I will never forget my friends response, F*** need, I want the SOB!

Friend bought the car.

You just have to decide your best use of available resources.

I would certainly expect additional price increases at first of year.

Often times, units that have remained on dealer lots unsold for months have manufacturs aged-inventory pricing, i.e., an additional discount provided to the dealer to move the unit. Most dealers will not tell you about such incentives, perhaps even if you ask, but might want to try.

(quoted from post at 09:34:12 12/13/23) So, I'm thinking about a new compact John Deere 3043d tractor, without a loader, dealership price is $26,200 out the door. This is a mfwd tractor, 43 hp. turbo charged engine, 36 pto hp. with a gear transmission. What do you guys think about buying a tractor now? Salesman says 4% increase on msrp next year. I do not know if the economy is getting better or worse, this tractor has been sitting on their lot for a year, brand new.....

Seems like a lot for a little subcompact tractor. I bought my 5045E two years ago for around $18,000.00 new and that's without a dealer discount.

It is a lot for a subcompact, especially without a loader and gear driven, no hydro! I have two 5045e
tractors, nice tractors.

In 2019 I bought a new Kubota L3560
Loader, cab, 5 year zero interest and sales tax included for
$33600.

I only have one good dealer in town, a Kubota Case/IH.

I think Kubota is still offering interest free loans.

Web site has a base price of just over 29k, so a little discount. Not much of a tractor though.
Not even live PTO on it, or two stage clutch.
Hydraulics aren't much to write home about either, pretty small pump output. Seems like a lot of money for for what your getting, and I would think resale down the road will bite as well

At 23,721 original 2019 price, they are asking a very tall price. Though usable, a gear drive PTO is really not easy to deal with. Lawn Mower sure. but price a used Zero Turn. Jim

Do yourself a big favor and go find your KUBOTA Dealer , think you will like what you see and should beat that price , that gear drive tractor is a price leader from JD and they are holding about a 10% markup.

When salesman acts like that I would walk out. He up to something if tractor has been on lot for a year. Google the worst 10 tractors you can buy. Think the tractor is on the list.

I agree with jm. At least give them a chance to bid.
And depending on what you're gonna do, I would suggest a hydro transmission.

I've got a friend who's dad was on the board of the local farm credit. Gordy milked alone one night while his dad went to a meeting. Next morning, he asked him how the meeting went. He said ''I didn't approve many needs, but I sure saw a lot of wants.''.

I don't6 know a thing about that tractor but if it has a puny hydraulic capacity with no live PTO it would be the deal breaker for me. Most things are getting so they are driven by hydraulics and that requires more pump and pressure for those things. So puny don't cut it. I'd noty want all that def junk on one anyway. Simpler is better.

Exactly! No loader, no remote hydraulics either. Just a simple throwback tractor with a gear drive. Dealership about 400 miles away, has the same tractor with a loader for $27,500 out the door. Lots of money for something not much bigger than a garden tractor.

If your not getting a loader or mower deck just what exactly are you planning on using this tractor for? 3 years ago, I bought a new 1025r with loader. I used it on the 32 ft truck auger and used loader to replace my small skid loader. I just love it. Once I filled rear tires with fluid it really is a digging machine. I paid 18,000 out the door. I believe I have 150 hrs on it, mostly augering grain..Not one problem so far. 26 hp yanmar diesel, hydro and live pto. Hydraulics plenty strong for 54 inch bucket. Wife uses it instead of wheelbarrow for yard work and granddaughter uses it all summer in the garden and servicing the roadside stand. Very user friendly tracto to operate.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back