TD95D Synchronizer Locked Up

Hesston4590

New User
Reposted from over in Repair and Restoration.

Hello. I've got somewhat of a mess here and I'm pretty sure I know what I'll have to do but I was hoping maybe somebody would have some advice. My TD95D needed a new clutch so I broke it in half and while I was in there I took a look at the synchronizers and they were trashed like they are in most of these tractors at some point.

I bought a new synchronizer assembly and installed that without really any issue as it is seemingly pretty simple. I then put everything back together with a brand new clutch. Everything went back together pretty easily and aside from spinning the PTO shaft a little by hand, I didn't have to do anything special.

However, the tractor is now somehow locked in gear. The left hand reverser will not actually go into reverse and even with the lever in neutral the tractor is in gear. If I take both the gear and range shifters and put them in neutral the tractor will finally move but if you engage them both the tractor will not move even when the reverser is in neutral and the clutch is depressed.

So given all that, something isn't right with the reverser and I wanted to see if anyone on here had any suggestions on what I could do aside from breaking the tractor back apart. Even if I broke the tractor in half again and pulled the reverser gearbox, I'm not sure what I would do differently aside from finding a way to test everything while I have the fuel tank off and the hydraulic fluid empty.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back