Super M Paint Advice

wowsk

Hi everyone,
I am looking to paint the Super M and have started prepping it. Been doing some research on paint and there is about a million different options and opinions on what is the best for what application.

The tractor runs great and no oil leaks. There is little paint left on the tractor and not much rust either. I want to do a paint job that will look nice in a parade and last, but this is still a working tractor. Like a lot of people I dislike painting and don't want this to fade or turn pink in two years and I have to do it again. Is the IH 2150 and hardener the best way to go or should I go with a different brand like Van Sickle. It looks like PPG, Dupont, or Martin Senour is all way too high end and pricey for what I need.

Any opinions on what lasts the longest for the money? Anything is welcome. I will be using an HVLP spray gun for the painting and will prime it.

Thanks,
Noah

Bang for the buck you're not going to beat the CaseIH 2150. Never used hardener.

After hearing about a couple of guys getting a whiff of hardener, and ending up in the hospital, on oxygen, with permanent loss of lung capacity, the stuff scares me to death. You never know if you're going to have a reaction to it. You might not the first time but you could react any time you get a whiff after that, or never.

Guys say wear a respirator but I've been told, and researched, that your average run of the mill respirator doesn't do any good.

Some will tell you they drink it in their morning coffee and that's fine. Not everyone reacts to it. Just be aware you might and if you do it's no fun.

Definitely the 2150 is the way to go!!! I have used it numerous times and its very good paint for the money!! I use hardener
with it but I have a supplied air system (an ABSOLUTE MUST if you use hardener)!

I will second what Barnyard Eng spoke of. The hardener, material safety data sheet, calls for supplied air respirator. no other
respirator will filter out the isocyanides in hardener. Check out the paint and bodywork forum at this site. Lots of experience and
knowledge there and they share it readily. You do get what you pay for in PAINT. The better the paint the better the look and the
longer it will look good. Your tractor your choice. gobble

Thanks for the response guys. I will be painting outside with a 3M mask but it sounds like I should still probably skip the hardener. Be better to be alive and have the paint not last as long.

Thanks again,
Noah

I use

Tallmans Ag specialties ,hvlp and brush , go with best quality paint available to you at the price you can afford.

I also used majic on super c this paint job is six years old . You be the judge !

cvphoto131168.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back