Please help Ford 1910

Devin51569

New User
I have recently purchased a Ford 1910. I went to drain the hydraulic fluid and discovered that the factory dipstick has been replaced with something that looks like it was made in a pinch. I can’t find a factory dipstick anywhere! Anybody know where I can find one or a different solution? It is located next to the gear shifter. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_5160.jpeg
    IMG_5160.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5158.jpeg
    IMG_5158.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 40
I have recently purchased a Ford 1910. I went to drain the hydraulic fluid and discovered that the factory dipstick has been replaced with something that looks like it was made in a pinch. I can’t find a factory dipstick anywhere! Anybody know where I can find one or a different solution? It is located next to the gear shifter. Thanks in advance.
I'll guess you checked Wegner's. They're pretty good. I "believe" that the Ford 1910 and others were made by Mitsubishi so there's another option. Last suggestion would be to completely drain it, refill with specified quantity and mark stick appropriately. I offer this as a last option solely because I always favor OE.

My concern isn’t the fluid level it’s about finding a cap or something else to seal it tight. Sorry I was not clear. I have checked every known website and had no luck.

Hello Devon, welcome to YT! You might try calling ASAP the YT parent company. All States Ag Parts 855-530-1460 to see if they have one, they operate tractor salvage yards in multiple states. The only thing I would caution you about concerning the rubber expansion type plugs like was in there and that several others have suggested is to make sure the rubber seal is compatible with use in oil.

It appears the original dipstick (SBA398400361, no longer available) was plastic and threaded into the transmission cover and sealed with a gasket.

If all else fails a machinist could measure the size and thread pitch and easily make a new plug in the lathe of aluminum or brass, and tap it for a length of rod for a dipstick.

It would be GREAT if another 1910 owner would share a photo of their dipstick beside a ruler!

Very helpful thank you! Getting one fabricated is definitely on my list of options. Just wanted to make sure there were no other opinions/options first. Thanks again

Red
I'll guess you checked Wegner's. They're pretty good. I "believe" that the Ford 1910 and others were made by Mitsubishi so there's another option. Last suggestion would be to completely drain it, refill with specified quantity and mark stick appropriately. I offer this as a last option solely because I always favor OE.
"the Ford 1910 and others were made by Mitsubishi"

The "SBA" prefix on the dipstick part number would seem to indicate it was made by Shibaura.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back