Ford Jubilee regulator

I just purchased a Ford jubilee, it won’t start. I’ve been looking through the wiring and can’t find a voltage regulator. Where should the regulator be located?

If your tractor has a generator it will be next to the air filter (blue box) and between the battery and the steering column.

Attachments

• 20240304_101704.jpg
    20240304_101704.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
I just purchased a Ford jubilee, it won’t start. I’ve been looking through the wiring and can’t find a voltage regulator. Where should the regulator be located?
Unless it has been converted to 12 volts and an internal regulated alternator has been installed, then you won’t find one. See example in photo. Hopefully you know a if your battery has a good charge and the rest of the starting system is up to par it should still start. More details on where you are at in your quest would be good.

Attachments

• IMG_3954.png
    IMG_3954.png
    814.7 KB · Views: 25
Unless it has been converted to 12 volts and an internal regulated alternator has been installed, then you won’t find one. See example in photo. Hopefully you know a if your battery has a good charge and the rest of the starting system is up to par it should still start. More details on where you are at in your quest would be good.
I just got it home yesterday. The guy I got it off of said the wires shorted out, he’s replaced a lot of stuff but wasn’t able to get it started again. I printed of wiring diagrams and they had a voltage regulator on them. It is 6 volt so that would make sense why I couldn’t find one.

You mean it currently has a 6 volt (3 cap) battery? Or you are just stating that it is originally a 6 volt system? If it has a 6 volt battery it is not very likely to have an alternator installed.

You mean it currently has a 6 volt (3 cap) battery? Or you are just stating that it is originally a 6 volt system? If it has a 6 volt battery it is not very likely to have an alternator installed.
It is still
it is still 6 volt, it has a generator I’m pretty sure.

I just got it home yesterday. The guy I got it off of said the wires shorted out, he’s replaced a lot of stuff but wasn’t able to get it started again. I printed of wiring diagrams and they had a voltage regulator on them. It is 6 volt so that would make sense why I couldn’t find one.
If you have a six volt battery then, you have or should have a six volt charging system. That was original to the tractor. The voltage regulator was located just above and behind the battery on the firewall.

Welcome to the wonderful world of FORD TRACTORS; you now belong to an exquisite group of members. The next step is to get the ESSENTIAL MANUALS for your tractor. You need the NAA OPERATOR's/OWNER's Manual; a '39-'53 MPC; and the I&T F019 & F0-20 Service Manuals and read them religiously BEFORE YOU DO ANYTYHNG ELSE, especially yanking parts off willy nilly you know nothing about. OEM FORD electrical systems were 6V/POS GRN but many have been converted over to12V. Wiring setups differ. Just because you have a 6V battery does not mean the system is wired correctly for that. So STOP now and read more. As stated, a GENERATOR is only used on the 6V system for the NAA and requires a Volagte Regulator as well. Do you know how to ID a VR?

Tim Daley (MI)

Attachments

• FORD NAA TRACTOR OWNER-OPERATORS MANUAL.jpg
    FORD NAA TRACTOR OWNER-OPERATORS MANUAL.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • FORD TRACTOR '53 - '59 MPC.jpg
    FORD TRACTOR '53 - '59 MPC.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 18
  • I&T F0-19 SERVICE MANUAL.jpg
    I&T F0-19 SERVICE MANUAL.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 17
  • I&T F0-20 SERVICE MANUAL.jpg
    I&T F0-20 SERVICE MANUAL.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back