Oliver Oil Treatment

JohnRowehl

Came across this in my father’s shop when we were cleaning things out after he passed away. I put it on a shelf in my shop for decorative purpose.
I don’t know what it was supposed to do and nothing on the label tells you.
Does anyone know?

Attachments

• IMG_0490.jpeg
    IMG_0490.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 52
Came across this in my father’s shop when we were cleaning things out after he passed away. I put it on a shelf in my shop for decorative purpose.
I don’t know what it was supposed to do and nothing on the label tells you.
Does anyone know?
Seems like the operators manual for my 1850 talks about add some kind of oil to the 10wt motor oil used in the hydraulics. I'll try to remember and look in the book. Chris

Seems like the operators manual for my 1850 talks about add some kind of oil to the 10wt motor oil used in the hydraulics. I'll try to remember and look in the book. Chris
Just remembered that I have a 550 manual in the house. This says to add to 10 wt motor oil for hydraulics

Attachments

• IMG_2257.jpeg
    IMG_2257.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 20
As I recall an 880 used that in the rear end. I think it said 5 gallons of 10W-30 with a can of that. Seems like it smelled like salt water.

RT
Not sure if that's the right stuff but, in a 770 or 880 with the power booster you were supposed to use 10 weight oil in the trans.- diff. Without the power booster use 80w90. With the #10 you were supposed to add this product as a friction modifier and anti foaming agent. A few years alter, they said to use UTF instead of the #10. They then discontinued That additive.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back