New shop clock

Ultradog MN

I've had this bronze worm wheel for 30 years.
I bought it from the scrap dealer when I hauled some metal in.
Never did find a use for it and it has been languishing in one of my storage trailers. I always just liked the thing and couldn't part with it..
I am cleaning things up around here. Getting rid of stuff and came upon it again.
My first thought was it was worth something in scrap.
But I still didn't want to part with it.
And I would like to have a machine shop clock. Something with a logo that was iron related - P&W, K&T, South Bend, Cincinnati, etc.
But the few you see are always too expensive.
Then I had an idea this morning - that I could use the gear as an ornament for my existing clock. So I fabbed up a hanger for it.
It's 21" in dia and weighs 78 lbs on the bathroom scale.
Had to have my neighbor help me heft it up there.
So now it has a purpose once more and I'm glad I can keep it away from the scrap man for a few more years.

Attachments

• 2222024113445.jpg
    2222024113445.jpg
    407.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 2222024164111.jpg
    2222024164111.jpg
    385.3 KB · Views: 131
Never did find a use for it and it has been languishing in one of my storage trailers. I always just liked the thing and couldn't part with it..
I am cleaning things up around here. Getting rid of stuff and came upon it again.
And I would like to have a machine shop clock. Something with a logo that was iron related - P&W, K&T, South Bend, Cincinnati, etc.
Then I had an idea this morning - that I could use the gear as an ornament for my existing clock. So I fabbed up a hanger for it.
So now it has a purpose once more and I'm glad I can keep it away from the scrap man for a few more years.
That makes a statement and could make an impression! Jim

That is really something special. I love preserving old equipment any way you can. Very nice.

Dave

You did good! Hope the wall is strong. Ron MN

Hope you didn't hang it over the doorway!! Nice job of keeping the gears working. I have a couple of bronze choker bells that should someday turn into bookends. Maybe one of the grandkids will need a shop project in the future.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back