NH 479 Haybine Questions

Eboor1995

Hi I’m looking at possibly buying a NH 479 Haybine to fix up. It has a roller bearing out. Guy couldn’t remember if it was top or bottom roller. Other than bearing out and missing the hydraulic cylinder it is supposed to be all there and was working good before bearing went out. How big of a job is it to replace the roller bearing?

Also I have a 2 1/2 x 8 or 3 1/2 x 8 hydraulic cylinder (cant remember exactly which one) laying around. Would either of those size cylinders work correctly on it? Thanks for your help!!!

The 31/2 x8 should lift it fine with just about any tractor. A lot depends on the tractor and the volume and pressure it put out with the hydraulics. As for the bearing if it is out I would look real close at it it might be a money pit quickly.

I ran a pair of 479's for years replaced 1 roller bearing on one of them and never had any other bearing failures after that. You do have to take the drive chains and the sprocket off the shaft to get to the bearing but as rustred said not that bad of a job. I agree the 3 1/2 cylinder should work fine.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back