Need Cab Top for Kubota L5030

RTR

Anybody know where I can find a Usable cab top (the orange plastic piece) that fits a Kubota L5030 tractor? The one I had was cracked in several places and blew off going down the road. The tractor is old and rough but still mechanically sound. Not buying a new one from Kubota. Looking for a good used one with or without damage as long as it is functional. Where might I find one??

So far I have called All States Ag Parts, Cross Creek Salvage, Weaver's Compact Tractor Salvage, Gulf South Equipment, Wengers, and Worthington Ag with no luck yet. Picture for example.
mvphoto103327.jpg

If you have all the pieces and don't care what it looks like you can take metal straps over the seems and sandwich them together with pop rivets.

(quoted from post at 22:05:34 03/13/23) If you have all the pieces and don't care what it looks like you can take metal straps over the seems and sandwich them together with pop rivets.

Bought the tractor yesterday and picked it up. Seemed secure when I checked it before heading out. Blew off before I got home.

That is why when hauling tractors with plastic roofs I always put a strap over the top of the cab towards the front of the trailer whether it was backed on or driven towards the leading end of the tractor so the wind can't get under it. I have even tarped them if need be just wrap the tarp over the top and tight around so it doesn't blow to whip and rub the paint off or black.

(quoted from post at 07:05:12 03/14/23) That is why when hauling tractors with plastic roofs I always put a strap over the top of the cab towards the front of the trailer whether it was backed on or driven towards the leading end of the tractor so the wind can't get under it. I have even tarped them if need be just wrap the tarp over the top and tight around so it doesn't blow to whip and rub the paint off or black.

I've hauled over a hundred tractors but probably only have hauled just a few cab tractors. Lesson learned!!

Got lucky and found it in the ditch in the same condition as it blew off!! Whew!! In the shape it's in, it has got to be worth $1,800 ! haha. It's priceless honestly!

mvphoto103366.png

Even if you were willing to buy a new one from Kubota, I bet they don't have one. You're talking about a cosmetic part for a Kubota going on 20 years old.

Hard to find Kubotas in the salvage yards.

A body shop can repair fiberglass semi hoods.
They use fiberglass cloth and resin.
I would try to repair it or find a body shop that could.
No one will see it, so I would try to repair it.
If I recall there is a bondo with fiberglass in it.
Use fiberglass cloth and bondo with fiberglass.

Find a linex dealer and have them coat the top with thick lines material That is what I did with a case-ih 4230 cab top that had deteriorated and had cracks.

Glad to see you found it!

I've had some success in repairing the shroud of a rooftop RV air conditioner with fiberglass and resin. In that case I might plop it down on a couple of sawhorses, go over the whole thing with a DA sander and 80 grit, Get some glass cloth and resin and lay on a couple of layers, followed by some rattle can Kubota orange.

This post was edited by BarnyardEngineering on 03/14/2023 at 12:18 pm.

(reply to post at 09:54:15 03/14/23)
Most likely all the mounting points are ripped out?

You might look into using Coosa board to reinforce it.
It is a plywood replacement used in boar building that won't rot.
But can be used where you might use plywood.
Not cheap if bought new.

(quoted from post at 00:16:07 03/15/23) Glad to see you found it!

I've had some success in repairing the shroud of a rooftop RV air conditioner with fiberglass and resin. In that case I might plop it down on a couple of sawhorses, go over the whole thing with a DA sander and 80 grit, Get some glass cloth and resin and lay on a couple of layers, followed by some rattle can Kubota orange.

This post was edited by BarnyardEngineering on 03/14/2023 at 12:18 pm.

Not a bad idea. Gonna have to get it fixed cause the wind keeps blowing it off. I've got a ratchet strap holding it on until I can get the tractor in the shop to work on it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back