IH 674 Hy-tran fill location

Sklop

New User
Newbie to the tractor world but have my grandpas 674 which runs like a champ. The 2 main rams for the loader were leaking so we sent them off to be rebuilt. When we get them back we’re flushing the hydraulic fluid but I can’t for the life of me find where you fill it from.

Can anyone send me a pic of the spot or explain it well enough for me?

Novice but handy and mechanical.

There was a spot that I thought made sense but didn’t take a pic of it when I was there today. It’s about a 1” plug dead center of the tractor just above the 3 point. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

There was a spot that I thought made sense but didn’t take a pic of it when I was there today. It’s about a 1” plug dead center of the tractor just above the 3 point. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
20240329_234814.jpg
It's on the raised portion above and behind the center link anchor point. It should take an open ended 15/16" wrench to remove the plug. If it has the rear remote valves and still has the SMV sign attached, it can be removed easier by standing the wrench upwards and turning it with a big screwdriver in the boxed portion of the wrench.

View attachment 64865It's on the raised portion above and behind the center link anchor point. It should take an open ended 15/16" wrench to remove the plug. If it has the rear remote valves and still has the SMV sign attached, it can be removed easier by standing the wrench upwards and turning it with a big screwdriver in the boxed portion of the wrench.
Perfect! Thank you!

View attachment 64865It's on the raised portion above and behind the center link anchor point. It should take an open ended 15/16" wrench to remove the plug. If it has the rear remote valves and still has the SMV sign attached, it can be removed easier by standing the wrench upwards and turning it with a big screwdriver in the boxed portion of the wrench.
is there a dipstick on the plug, or how do you know when it's full?

Hello sk.., welcome to YT! Check your “Private Messages” icon on top looks like a letter or envelope, I am sending you some info to access documents for your tractor.

Filter is inside that conical looking cover on the side under and behind the left foot rest. Back of the dipstick. That vertical panel comes off with 1or 2 bolts/screws makes it a bit easier to get to during changing. Filter has only the one bolt at the peak of the slope. Wash the screen out in fuel or parts cleaner then dry well before reinstalling. IF a diesel the fuel shut off in under the right side of fuel tank to change fuel filters. If it has the glass bowls under the element be very careful not to tighten to much they break easy. Air filter is accessible through battery cover on top of hood. IF it has spin on filters for fuel and oil then all previous can be disregarded. Bleeders are those little screws with the hex heads on the filter body and just tight with a screw driver is plenty.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back