Ford auto hubs

VicS

I changed the right front wheel bearing. On my 2016 f250 4x4 . Evidently When I put the auto hub back on. I did something wrong. The hub doesn't auto engage anymore. It does engage if turned to lock.

Not sure how much has changed from a 2001 F250 to a 2016 F250, but when I did my 2001 F250, it needed clean smooth surfaces for a good vacuum seal for the auto locking hubs to work correctly. The sealing surfaces on my 2001 were pitted. I was fine with manually locking the hubs.

The auto hub itself is likely fine, not a lot you can screw up on it. What is the constant issue is the big $60 vacuum seal as well as the flimsy vacuum hoses connecting to the knuckle. Also the O ring that seals the bearing hub assembly into the knuckle. Far too many places to loose the vacuum seal required for the auto hubs to be operated.

The auto hub itself is likely fine, not a lot you can screw up on it. What is the constant issue is the big $60 vacuum seal as well as the flimsy vacuum hoses connecting to the knuckle. Also the O ring that seals the bearing hub assembly into the knuckle. Far too many places to loose the vacuum seal required for the auto hubs to be operated.
I bought the vacume seal. And used it. I never paid much attention to the 0-ring that sealed the bearing to the knuckle. Thanks

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back