Drill seed feed shaft sensor

Cut dot tape into strips and stick them to seed shaft then when your lights hit it you will be sure the shafts are running
cvphoto155296.jpg

cvphoto155297.jpg

I remember back many many years ago, in the Homemade and Handy section of Farm Journal, about the time planter monitors came out, somebody made an attempt at a monitor of his own. Those old John Deere 490s had a tendency to strip the drive gears on the main shaft and one row or another would stop turning. He took four of those little push switches like turn on the light when you open the refrigerator door, mounted one next to the shaft on each row and clamped a little tin strip on each shaft so it'd push the button every revolution and make the lights go off and on.

My Oliver 64 drill has the small seed box on the back. It has ribbon tubes. The second one from the right is missing. That's the only place I can see the seed dropping. The neighbor asked me if I had one for it. I told him I didn't want one, that's my seed monitor.

Is farm journal still a thing ? I always enjoyed reading the idea sections of farm journal and successful farming . Its getting harder and harder for me to see the shafts in the dark for sure Im like you I like to see the seed dropping

They used to send me Farm Journal free. I don't know how long it's been now since I got one, a year or two maybe. Just a shell of what it used to be. Farm Journal Media is a thing yet. They put on Ag Day and US Farm Report TV shows. I watch Ag Day every morning online while I'm on the elliptical.

I watch ag day some when I can . I wrote to farm journal a few years back she said they dont send it free anymore and I wasnt about to pay for it because even in the 90s it was fast becoming worthless . I need to get sound some kind of exercise im about crippled up

I was too. Seven years ago, I decided I had to do something or I wouldn't be around much longer. I had no quality of life. Ten minutes a day on the cheapest Wal Mart elliptical I could buy was all it took. I go out and do chores in the morning to get loosened up, then come back in, pull up Ag Day on the computer and do ten minutes.

I still get farm journal, anyhow I have in 2023 maybe been a couple months? Its free.

Minnesota Farmer is getting very thin again, they went through hard times and are again I think.

My local favorite was The Land, a tabloid size regional. Back in the 90s they had 3 sections, was close to 100 pages all together! Now its down to a dozen or two, not really much content left.

I understand, Internet is fast, print media is slow old and dull. Wont fight progress.

Something nice about a paper or magazine or paper in your hands and scanning through it tho.

Paul

Good Thing it has helped . Ive wondered about an elliptical a few times need to get doing something before I really cant Im not to bad until after a big day then my hip and ankle lets me know about it all night

If you get one, don't expect miracles right away. I figured it'd be kind of like a tread mill, but it's nothing like it. The first time I got on it, I stuck it out for a minute, but my legs and lungs were on fire, my heart felt like it was going to explode and I was sweating like a butcher. I thought I had just thrown my money right down the toilet, but I was motivated not to die of all the other things I had wrong, so I kept at it until I could do 15 minutes straight. I could do it within two weeks, but if it takes longer, so what? Just stick with it. It saved, and totally changed my life.

It is, but I won't let myself get as bad as I used to be. It's all about quality of life. Ten minutes a day beats the crap out of five hours a day of dialysis. Not that I was on it, but I was well on my way.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back