Disc Mowers

DRussell

Mowing on side hills. I've heard it's a problem with mowing on side hills where all the oil runs to one end of the bar and the uphill discs don't get enough oil for lubrication. Any of you have experience with this?

The old disc mowers from the 70s and 80s shared oil throughout the turtles and I suppose that could have been an issue occasionally. Though I never heard of it happening and there's no such thing as "flat" around here. But most if not all new designs have individual pods so its no longer an issue, if it ever was.

I've got a Frontier disc mower I believe it's a 2019 model year, it has the cutter bar with the common sump for the turtles. I only use it for Township roadside mowing it was previously a MnDOT mower so it's spent pretty much all it's hours running with the bar downhill. Have not had any problems with turtles. So I would agree with rrlund.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back