mechanic out there who ca help me, my tractor
clutch started acting up yesterday, when you
depress the clutch pedal it doesn't disengage
clutch but if you press brake pedal quicly it seems
to work, any ideas where to start looking

How much pedal free play do you have?
Maybe adjusting free play may help.

Belarus Clutches are no diff than other clutches out there

A few years since I worked on these, but the Minsk built tractors (you don't state your model, but Minsk tractors are water cooled, the Vladimir Lipetsk T25 & 40 were air cooled, but they were all called Belarus for export by Tractorexport in Moscow under the old Soviet block) had the clutch linkage going back from the pedal to a 'servo' spring device, then the linkage came forward to the release lever at the clutch housing, then on some tractors, (but not all) a short spring loaded rod returned rearwards to the transmission brake.
The clutch linkage pivots on the cross shaft also used for the brakes, I would think that it is siezed on to the brake cross shaft, on some tractors I have seen it so bad that pressing the clutch will also bring the brake pedals down too. Get in there with some WD40 or your prefered penitrating spray and an oil can.
Also they were prone to the lock nuts holding the release finger adjustment letting go and alowing one of the release fingers to go out of adjustment, this can be seen thru the inspection panel under the clutch housing using a flash light. Hope this helps.
p.s. thats the inspection panel right under the clutch housing with the hole that should have a split pin in it, the inspection panel just behind it will drop 10 gallons of gear oil on your head!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back