Adams Motor Grader Model 660 Info PLEASE!!!!

Dave I

New User
I am getting ready to purchase an Adams Motor Grader Model Number 660 and the serial number is 1455. I have tried to look online and have not found much info. It does have the Cummins I6 diesel motor in it (Model HBI 600, Engine # 142705) and have called Cummins directly and still didn't receive any info. Can anyone give me any info into this grader such as what year it is, are parts available, etc? It would be greatly appreciated.

I think that "ADAMS" was bought out by someone,
possibly WABCO, (Westinghouse Air Brake Co)
Adams must be pretty old, I would suspect that
a Cummins engine would be a repower. Original
engine was probably gas..just my opinion.

Try "Google"ing" Adams Motor Graders, there are
lots of "hits", including this one from Y/T
and some references to WABCO.

The Cummins isn't a repower. The grader ID tag has the engine serial number and all the numbers match.
I got a response from Cummins and it is a 1956.
Still need more info

Interesting find--apparently the Cummins was an option. I don't have much on Adams, and most of what little I do is before 1950, but a 63 McCord catalog shows it with a GMC 6-71.
What I have shows Adams models with IH gas and diesel, with later GMC diesels, but no Cummins. Also could've been customer order.
You might try hcea for info, or some of the Cat sites, if nothing more turns up here. Good luck.

I have googled the grader and have seen that there was an option of either the GMC (Gas) and the Cummins (diesel). I do know that the numbers all match across the machine, and my guess is that the cummins was the high end option and most people couldn"t afford them. I have foun info on the grader/motor and the motor is a model H motor which was discontinued in the late "50"s from what I have seen. Before that, they were used in locomotives.
This was a county road machine and there is no over-spending with the counties(?!?!?!), so that doesn"t make sense.

Various posts have reported Cummins is generally little or no help with discontinued engines; if you find the same, check the "Parts and Services" section of aths. org (com?) (Am"cn Truck Hist Soc). I"m pretty sure there"s at least one obsolete Cummins parts source listed there, if not more, and there"re lots of old Cummins posts in the forums. Good luck.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back