tom upton

I have an oppurtunity to buy a "project" 950 diesel. Its been sitting outside for a very long time, but sheet metal is decent, oil looks to be black and at relatively normal level , antifreeze in rad still. Couldnt get it to turn over so assume its siezed, but it is all there. Current owner does not know a lot about its history as it belonged to her Dad and his brother who are both passed away. At the very minimum I would have to rebuild engine and put new rubber on it. Original paint is good enough on sheet metal to leave as is, but fenders have a couple patches that need fixing so would probably repaint fenders. Needs a new steeering wheel, seat, all the stuff you could expect a tractor that has been sitting out for at least a decade would need. At a bare minimum I estimate I will have 6k into this tractor by the time its brought back to life. ( plus my time and at my age you kind of have to choose your projects because reality is I aint gonna get em all done!) My question to all you Oliver guys out there is a 950 diesel worth that much in running condition?? If it was a 990 I wouldnt even ask the question, but I am just not sure about the value of a 950?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back