1997 Agco Allis 8745

thinking about purchasing an Agco Allis 8745 FWA, its a cab tractor with front end loader, looks very clean. I do not know any thing about this tractor. looking for your thoughts

Those series of AGCO Allis tractors are boat anchors to sell. Guys either love them or hate them with the majority hating them. I made the mistake of trading one in. Even with low hours it was about impossible to sell. Sent it toe auction and took a real beating on it.

From the research I?ve previously done, I think they?re a pretty good tractor. I?d spend some time looking at parts availability though. There weren?t a ton of those tractors made, so parts may become a problem.

I saw one sell at auction a few years back. It needed a new engine as someone had removed the head and then left it to the weather. It was a good looking tractor with good tires and I played with the idea of buying it and repowering it with a more dependable engine. I never did bid on it as some out of state buyers had come to the auction to buy it and they pushed the bid way over it's value.

As JD Seller said, "buy it if you want a boat anchor," or you just love pain.

I bought a 8765 new and neighbor had a 8745. both are excellent tractors. 8775 and 85 were more high tech and rather unreliable with a bad reputation. 8765 and 45 came out of the massey factory with different paint and engine. parts will cross over except for engine and related parts. massey had perkins and agco had either cummins or sisu.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back