1923 10-20 brakes

Mark Poss

Did the 10-20s ever offer individual rear brakes? I am talking to someone about buying a 10-20. He claims its a 1923 with individual rear brakes. And it has a hand brake also. He says the rear axle has 16 brake drums. Has anyone heard of this? Thanks, Mark

Brakes? We don't need no stinking brakes LOL

In a 10-20, if your lucky to get it moving, you can get off and run around it and still get back on by the time it moves a tracotr lenght...Beside, having independand brakes still wouldn't make it turn any faster.

The John Deere D didn't have anything more than a parking brake either. I guess back then they didn't really have a need to stop.

I agree with the other posts, unless it was a shop mule, no independant brakes.

I have a friend that owns a John Deere D with factory individual rear brakes. They were offered in the later years of their run. I just thought maybe IH did the same.

They started offering individual wheel brakes for the Deere D in 1935/36. Designed and standard equipment for the industrial DI model but they offered it on the green ones not long after. Was never very popular. You find them more often in the later years.

Brandon

mvphoto100555.jpg

Like this?

If it has axle brakes then its a model 20 or I20 industrial. 10-20 Ag tractors only had the brake band on the transmission shaft on the outside left of the tractor

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back