Massey Harris 21

wbhf3

I recently found a nice MH 21 combine and added it to the fleet. It is galvanized and has the draper head. Overall for its age the combine is in good shape but the head is rough. I’m trying to find out some more details on the model 21 and I have a owners manual located. Does anyone have serial number information on these? My friend has the manual and he said there is no mention of serial numbers in it. Someone said it was stamped on the right side of the frame but I can’t find it. It does have yellow stencil lettering on the galvanized metal and it says X246 on the rear right side of machine. Would this be the SN? I’m trying to figure out a year on this machine and where it stands in the production line. I don’t know how many of these are still around. Dad said there was lots of MH combines around us but I have only ever seen the later red ones. Thanks in advance

Attachments

• F01471CE-D7A2-4A03-8720-4887A024E8CD.jpeg
    F01471CE-D7A2-4A03-8720-4887A024E8CD.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
  • 7D771DB1-4C5D-4226-8F7A-22B775C899E7.jpeg
    7D771DB1-4C5D-4226-8F7A-22B775C899E7.jpeg
    995.8 KB · Views: 59
I recently found a nice MH 21 combine and added it to the fleet. It is galvanized and has the draper head. Overall for its age the combine is in good shape but the head is rough. I’m trying to find out some more details on the model 21 and I have an owners manual located. Does anyone have serial number information on these? My friend has the manual and he said there is no mention of serial numbers in it. Someone said it was stamped on the right side of the frame but I can’t find it. It does have yellow stencil lettering on the galvanized metal and it says X246 on the rear right side of machine. Would this be the SN? I’m trying to figure out a year on this machine and where it stands in the production line. I don’t know how many of these are still around. Dad said there was lots of MH combines around us but I have only ever seen the later red ones. Thanks in advance
Nice find. Can’t help you with serial number info but I believe the galvanized ones are early production combines. I’ve been told (no proof) that my 1937 model 15 Massey Harris pull type was a one year only for the galvanized model. Have fun with it. I may have an owners manual fo a 21 I will check.

Attachments

• IMG_1436.jpeg
    IMG_1436.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1435.jpeg
    IMG_1435.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 20

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back