Yanmar 226 Hydraulic issues with loader

ajccmc

New User
Greetings,

I have had the loader off the tractor for about 3 years. Now I plan to use it, but after connecting it back up neither the bucket up/down or bucket curl will move. Here is what I have tried thus far; 1) Swap hoses between up/curl. 2) put a jack under the bucket up arms and applied pressure, then pushed the end of the quick connect, fluid came out and the cylinder did move slightly. 3) remove 2 of the quick connects from the tractor, then moved the control back and forth, there was flow from both ports.
4) I have triple checked that I don't have 2 hoses swapped and flow them from the control ports to the cylinder(s).

It has power steering and it works just fine. The 3pt works normally and I have tried the loader with the 3pt both up and down. The fluid has some water in it and I plan to change it out again. My thought was with loader on, I'd pull the cylinders and drain them the lines also. I have no idea where the water is coming from as changed the fluid and did not put the loader back on...and still got water. I have barn space open now so after I drain and flush it I'll keep it inside.

I have a pressure gauge on order and plan to test first at the quick connectors, then on the feed to the control valve...

Any ideas? Could all the cylinder seals went bad sitting there? I'm thinking that's not the case as the loader has not slumped all the way down. Could some relief valve in the control have failed?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• ym226_1.jpg
    ym226_1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
  • ym226_02.jpg
    ym226_02.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18
Greetings,

I have had the loader off the tractor for about 3 years. Now I plan to use it, but after connecting it back up neither the bucket up/down or bucket curl will move. Here is what I have tried thus far; 1) Swap hoses between up/curl. 2) put a jack under the bucket up arms and applied pressure, then pushed the end of the quick connect, fluid came out and the cylinder did move slightly. 3) remove 2 of the quick connects from the tractor, then moved the control back and forth, there was flow from both ports.
4) I have triple checked that I don't have 2 hoses swapped and flow them from the control ports to the cylinder(s).

It has power steering and it works just fine. The 3pt works normally and I have tried the loader with the 3pt both up and down. The fluid has some water in it and I plan to change it out again. My thought was with loader on, I'd pull the cylinders and drain them the lines also. I have no idea where the water is coming from as changed the fluid and did not put the loader back on...and still got water. I have barn space open now so after I drain and flush it I'll keep it inside.

I have a pressure gauge on order and plan to test first at the quick connectors, then on the feed to the control valve...

Any ideas? Could all the cylinder seals went bad sitting there? I'm thinking that's not the case as the loader has not slumped all the way down. Could some relief valve in the control have failed?

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the Forums.

This may get seen by the right people even in this forum, but I am going to suggest you use the Report button at the lower left of your post and ask a Moderator to move this thread to the dedicated Yanmar Forum this site has. It was migrated over here from Hoye Tractor first of this year and there are some very knowledgeable Yanmar people that followed it here. They may be the best ones to help you.

Is your loader plumbed with power beyond? Are the auxiliary openings located back on the 3 point control area used to feed the loader valve or has the pump discharge line been used to feed the loader? Did the loader control valve remain on the tractor during those 3 years?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back