Which hydraulic oil to use for 1635

toddt73

New User
I did a search here and am finding it hard to believe this wasn't discussed. I am getting ready to do the 50 hr maintenance. It says to change filter, but not fluid.

1. How is that done? Seems like the oil will start flowing out.

2. Although I'm not ready for the fluid change, which hydraulic fluid can I use other than mahindra? Traveler at TSC says all purpose and that scares me a bit.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Todd

Edit... just realized they list about 5 other oils that are approved.
You need to realize this site is primarily older tractors, look at the traffic on the Forums for the vintage brands. Your Mahindra is on the new side of things and not as many people have them. You will have to be patient waiting for answers as I expect there are fewer here who can answer Mahindra questions than ones on Ford, AC, JD, Case, etc. It will get better as more come along.

You need to realize this site is primarily older tractors, look at the traffic on the Forums for the vintage brands. Your Mahindra is on the new side of things and not as many people have them. You will have to be patient waiting for answers as I expect there are fewer here who can answer Mahindra questions than ones on Ford, AC, JD, Case, etc. It will get better as more come along.
Thank You for the heads up. I didn't have the manual at my house. I ended up going to my shop property and read the manual (what a concept lol) they listed a few brands and specs that are approved by Mahindra. Of course I will still read any advice or experiences as they trickle in. Thanks again.

Thank You for the heads up. I didn't have the manual at my house. I ended up going to my shop property and read the manual (what a concept lol) they listed a few brands and specs that are approved by Mahindra. Of course I will still read any advice or experiences as they trickle in. Thanks again.
I use universal hydraulic oil in my mahindra over 3000 hours no issues

I use universal hydraulic oil in my mahindra over 3000 hours no issues
Thank You. It's amazing the kind of gospel type answers you get on some forums and groups. 1 person said if I use anything other than the dealer provided mahindra oils and filters, my warranty will be void. Another said if I use tractor supply stuff, my hydraulic pump WILL blow up. Thank You for sharing your experience with me.

Todd

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back