Whats the oddest thing that happened to your case tractor?

chcase

My dad bought a 730ck diesel new in 1966. I was driving it in 1972 and got totally soaked from antifreeze coming out the exhaust. I shut tractor down right away. Found no antifreeze in oil so thought maybe bad head gasket. Dealer picked it up. Later that day they called and said that they found nothing wrong except needing alot of antifreeze. After 2 days of running tractor at dealership we decided to have them tear engine down to be sure. Found nothing wrong. Ended up selling a cow to play repair bill but no problems since.

My dad bought a 730ck diesel new in 1966. I was driving it in 1972 and got totally soaked from antifreeze coming out the exhaust. I shut tractor down right away. Found no antifreeze in oil so thought maybe bad head gasket. Dealer picked it up. Later that day they called and said that they found nothing wrong except needing alot of antifreeze. After 2 days of running tractor at dealership we decided to have them tear engine down to be sure. Found nothing wrong. Ended up selling a cow to play repair bill but no problems since.

Forgot to mention that this tractor left the factory with a pto shaft that wasn't fully machined down. Dealer had to replace that right away. Really hard to believe it could of left the factory that way but it did

Very recent. Had the new starter switch on the 300 engage by itself. First time since I had noise protection on I thought it didn't disengage after starting ad I didn't hear it. Second time I was on the tractor. I guess the switch shorted over when it got hot. Replaced the switch, no trouble since.

Very recent. Had the new starter switch on the 300 engage by itself. First time since I had noise protection on I thought it didn't disengage after starting ad I didn't hear it. Second time I was on the tractor. I guess the switch shorted over when it got hot. Replaced the switch, no trouble since.
Forgot to mention that this tractor left the factory with a pto shaft that wasn't fully machined down. Dealer had to replace that right away. Really hard to believe it could of left the factory that way but it did

we had one do the same thing picking corn with mounted picker very warm fall day.machanic came out took rubber seal out of gas cap know more trouble

About 30 years ago a friend of mine was helping me fill silo with corn silage. He and I would work after our day jobs. At that time I had a late model DC3 on the blower that had a leaking radiator, so we would fill it with water when we started and drain it when we were done late at night. Well, this particular night was going very well right until the end when my buddy went home for the night. I was bringing the last load home from about 1/2 mile away when I noticed a strange red glow coming from the base of the silo. As I got closer the glow became brighter. When I got up to the silo I found it was the head and top of the motor of the DC that was red hot. I jumped off the unloading tractor and ran to the DC. I pulled out the magneto switch. Kept right on running. I then pulled all the spark plug wires. Kept right on running. I finally shut of the gas and about 15 seconds later it sputtered to a stop. My buddy had only tightened the radiator plug hand tight and it had vibrated out after several silage loads worth of work. That DC3 is still sitting out behind the barn, with a totally ruined engine. The high cost of cheap labor.

About 30 years ago a friend of mine was helping me fill silo with corn silage. He and I would work after our day jobs. At that time I had a late model DC3 on the blower that had a leaking radiator, so we would fill it with water when we started and drain it when we were done late at night. Well, this particular night was going very well right until the end when my buddy went home for the night. I was bringing the last load home from about 1/2 mile away when I noticed a strange red glow coming from the base of the silo. As I got closer the glow became brighter. When I got up to the silo I found it was the head and top of the motor of the DC that was red hot. I jumped off the unloading tractor and ran to the DC. I pulled out the magneto switch. Kept right on running. I then pulled all the spark plug wires. Kept right on running. I finally shut of the gas and about 15 seconds later it sputtered to a stop. My buddy had only tightened the radiator plug hand tight and it had vibrated out after several silage loads worth of work. That DC3 is still sitting out behind the barn, with a totally ruined engine. The high cost of cheap labor.
Reminds me of the 800 Dad had. He had a older gentleman swathing oats for him. At lunch time Dad stopped with his lunch and asked how it was going, the older fella said fine as long as he keeps stomping out the stubble fires. Dad asked, what stubble fires and walked over to the idling 800 and swather. Hot grease was dripping off the tractor and burning the stubble. Guess the guy never checked anything or looked at the gauges...tractor was very low on coolant.

Priceless . your best story yet CM I ll call you tomorrow. Need an update on your latest acquisition. Chuck Machinist

i have had some crazy weird stuff happen ]\, Ihave a 49 VAC That Will beat about anything when it comes to power ,,.That thing will jump and bounce like a buckin Bronko when it is in a hard pull and it wont give up . ,. My 4020 deere was starting itself in the middle of the nite ,,. More odd stuff later

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back