Update on new rear tire from below

Tom in Mo.

Bought an 8 ply BKT and it looks like a good quality tire. $410 for tire and a Firestone tube and my labor. I'm here to tell ya, those farm tire changers earn their money.
The Goodyear I took off was 40 years old with a blown out side wall. The BKT is surprisingly a close match and the tractor sits level.

(quoted from post at 15:24:40 04/25/22) Bought an 8 ply BKT and it looks like a good quality tire. $410 for tire and a Firestone tube and my labor. I'm here to tell ya, those farm tire changers earn their money.
The Goodyear I took off was 40 years old with a blown out side wall. The BKT is surprisingly a close match and the tractor sits level.
I use Goodyear and I am happy about it's quality

Yes sir, I run Goodyear on several tractors and Firestones on two. I would have bought either if I could have found them Unavailable anywhere close. I had to drive an hour each way for the one I got.

BKT's are good tires, I've got Firestones, Good Year, Mitas, Titan, Michelin
The old Firestone Field and Roads were great tires, the newer SAT II's give good traction but wear much faster than any other tire I have
I got great service out of Titans but don't care for the long bar/short bar design or ride
Michelin's were the junkiest tires I've owned with side walls cracking open resulting in numberous flats
Really impressed with the one set of Mitas tires I have
I'm concerned about the sidewall life on the new Good Years having only one ply of cording, had one fail last year that was only on the tractor long enough to bale 5 acres of hay

mvphoto93730.jpg

Nephew runs BKT's on his tractors and really likes them

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back