Thoughts On A Branson Tractor

Vicinalvictor

Local Case/Ih dealership has spring pricing on new Branson tractors. 37 hp is $27,900. 50 hp is $31,900. Prices include the cab with heat, air conditioning, stereo radio, mfwd, hydro transmission and loader. Your thoughts on a Branson tractor?

This part of the country absolutely NO resale and very weak parts and service support. Several places have tried selling them, come in and go out when the floor plan comes due.

Well once you buy it, it will be yours until the end of time value wise. Very poor resale in most parts of the country. It is a South Korea built tractor that is the second company since 2000. My personal experience with these type of tractors, Century brand same as the early Branson, is that they are not bad tractors. They lack the aftermarket support in parts and warranty. It really is up to the dealership on warranty. What is actually covered and the dealership gets paid for is much different than what a main line company pays.

Has the CIH dealership handled the Branson line very long??? What has happened around here is dealerships take them on for a short period. Then they find out that the upfront profit does not cover the cost of poor aftermarket company service. So the dealership dumps the remaining inventory and quits handling them.

I know a guy who has a 4 we model with loader but no cab, it?s 35 hp or so, he has had it about 10 years and he recently bought a 90 hp tractor but did not trade the Branson, he said it?s too good to get rid of. He is the type who does all maintenance the minute it is due and sheds his equipment and is very careful when operating his equipment so he would not keep a lemon long.

They are probably as good as any of the other plastic and computer tractors being sold these days just don't have as good of an advertising company.That said they do suffer from low resale best thing is to look for a low hr used model and buy a bargain.

I'm not sure how long the CIH dealership has been selling these Branson tractors, it's been a few years though. I agree with you about the dealerships.

I bought a 6530C , 4wd as most all are these days, with loader in the fall of 2007 after having shopped all the popular colors in that HP range that spring and giving up. 3 things that made the sale: Air, high back deluxe seat, Cummins 4 cyl naturally aspired engine and 3 controls back at the 3 pt for connecting implements when working alone. Course then there is the flip switch that lifts your 3 pt. at the end of a row and returns it to it's original position, and not only tilt steering wheel but telescoping also, and 3 PTO speeds selected with a switch and on and on.

In 2916 I decided it was time for a second FEL tractor, more of a mobile crane if you will to do the small jobs around the farm that couldn't be done by larger machines and to support larger machine operations...like loading seed and bag fertilizer without having to lift it.

I didn't shop around. Called the local Branson dealer looking for a 24hp 4wd, FEL. He sold the 2400 and at the time was sold out. Said a truckload would be in Wednesday of the following week. I was there, paid cash and away I went. Am I sorry.......I don't think so!

Will warn you about this: Small tractors are rough riding mainly due to the large rear tires like the 2400 wore 12x16.5, 6 ply R4s rated at 2400+# at rated air pressure. Considering the tractor weighed out at around 2000 or so with loader, with less than half on the rear with tire capacity of 4800#, it's a bouncy ride.....you can only let so much air out before the tire falls off the rim.......... If you go with R1s and run them at half rated pressure you will save your back a lot of headaches. Also there are softer springs available for under the seat.....

"https://www.troybilt.com/equipment/ProductDisplay?storeId=10001&productId=1876255&urlRequestType=Base&langId=-1&catalogId=14102"

While you are at it, buy yourself a pair for your riding lawn mowers also.....sure beat the "engine valve return springs" that most OEMs put under their seats!

Initially I felt (opinion) that Branson was weak at the top.....management. Their support is/was dealer based which wasn't very robust at the time!!!!! TYM bought them out a few years ago and I can already see big improvements at the top.

On warranty work, when you have an idler bearing go out on your AC and the Field Rep. brings you a redesigned bearing assembly and new belt, no questions asked I'd call that support! I had a rock hit my RT cab door and within the week I had a new one in my hand from their warehouse in Plainview, Tx. ....had 7 in stock, per UPS.

Just because it isn't Green sir................. New neighbor.....wants new JD tractor......I suggest 4052 hydro with cab and FEL to match his requirements. One day his is sitting next to my 6530C and he asked me: Wonder why my tractor doesn't have outside mirrors like yours?????????? Mine were standard equipment along with an inside rear view.

(quoted from post at 18:11:41 04/21/19) You'll get what you pay for. Like a Mahindra you get what you pay for.
You got that right a Mahindra is on heck better tractor than a JD or CIH any day.Twice the tractor for about 2/3 of the price.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back