There I fixed it

super99

The fuel tank water trap had been soldered and a piece came off exposing 2 holes. I cleaned it up and JB Welded it.Time will tell if it works

Attachments

• IMG_2493.jpeg
    IMG_2493.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_2492.jpeg
    IMG_2492.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_2491.jpeg
    IMG_2491.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 126
It's a shame you didn't solder it using a "soldering copper".
I haven't done that or seen anyone else do it, pretty sure the JB will hold it. 40 some years ago I fixed the water trap on my Oliver 1850 with body putty and it held OK.

I've done a lot of brazing over the years. Soldered copper water pipe with 90% success but tried to solder a radiator once that was a disaster!

I've done a lot of brazing over the years. Soldered copper water pipe with 90% success but tried to solder a radiator once that was a disaster!
Radiators usually have a bunch of buildup and corrosion around the leak that needs to be cleaned before they can be soldered. I have had to go as far as removing tanks completely from the core and cleaning, then reassembling to get a good joint. A copper is the best way to resolver them as you can control the heat just where you need it. A torch tends to melt areas you don’t want to mess with.

Radiators usually have a bunch of buildup and corrosion around the leak that needs to be cleaned before they can be soldered. I have had to go as far as removing tanks completely from the core and cleaning, then reassembling to get a good joint. A copper is the best way to resolver them as you can control the heat just where you need it. A torch tends to melt areas you don’t want to mess with.
Found that out the hard way!!

I don't think JB is so good with gas. I bought a W-30 once that stalled out soon after. I took the carb apart and the float had been JB'd to the float arm. The gas made it soft and it fell off.

I don't think JB is so good with gas. I bought a W-30 once that stalled out soon after. I took the carb apart and the float had been JB'd to the float arm. The gas made it soft and it fell off.
This is off of a diesel.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back