Show and tell

guido

Last year I started on the 8 foot log pile. Maybe 20 feet long, on utility poles, and at least 7 foot high.

It has been like the picture for a couple of years
I would call it seasoned. Some blocks are very light.

This year I did get to go to the pile again, and the covered pile came from the same pile.

No need to get seasoned ,

Guido

Attachments

• IMG_20240506_132745756~2.jpg
    IMG_20240506_132745756~2.jpg
    550.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20230512_093629080~2.jpg
    IMG_20230512_093629080~2.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
Wood can be seasoned and still have high water content from condensation. Here we stack in ricks so the wind can blow threw or stack vertical like a teepee until fall, when we put what we need that winter, in a woodshed. Cover the rest until the rain quits in the spring....James

If you want dry firewood it needs to be cut, split and stacked and then allow air circulation. If you want to be sure use a moisture meter. 1 year cut split and stacked and allowing good air circulation doesn't make for dry firewood for many species.

I will agree that the wood needs to be blocked up and split before it really dries, I have cut up wood that was cut to pulpwood length and sat in a pile like that for a couple years and still plenty of moisture in it after you take the first block off the end.

If you want dry firewood it needs to be cut, split and stacked and then allow air circulation. If you want to be sure use a moisture meter. 1 year cut split and stacked and allowing good air circulation doesn't make for dry firewood for many species.
What would you consider the % of moisture in dry/burnable wood to be? Below 30%? 20%?

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back