Serial Number Registry Users (please read)

cpratt

Administrator
Staff member
If you have your tractor(s) in the Serial Number registry, please modify your entry when you have time to change whatever handle you used in there, to your actual handle in the forums.

I'm putting in a completely new Serial Number registry in the next couple of weeks. The new version links to your forum handle and if it's incorrect, you won't be able to modify it. In order to modify the entry in the future, it will need to have your username on it rather than whatever you picked when entering it. It can be reset later, but will require more work and help from an admin.

If it rejects your handle (that software is broken in much the same way Classic View was only worse), just let us know the Brand, Serial Number, Model and whatever handle you had on it in the past.

I guess I can't see the Forest for the trees so where can Serial Number registry be viewed in Modern Type view. Please remember that I'm computer challenged!!!
Thanks, Jim

I guess I can't see the Forest for the trees so where can Serial Number registry be viewed in Modern Type view. Please remember that I'm computer challenged!!!
Thanks, Jim
It isn't here yet so you are not mistaken. To get there, go to www.yesterdaystractors.com and click on Tractor Registry in the left hand column. Or you can use this link to get directly there:

It's too much good data to leave behind and someone has done and outstanding job documenting all the JD 70s and a few other JDs over the years. He finds them around and plugs them in.

@cpratt
The one you linked can be had here also.

Not to be confused with the Serial Numbers choice

1710286214291.png

If you have your tractor(s) in the Serial Number registry, please modify your entry when you have time to change whatever handle you used in there, to your actual handle in the forums.

I'm putting in a completely new Serial Number registry in the next couple of weeks. The new version links to your forum handle and if it's incorrect, you won't be able to modify it. In order to modify the entry in the future, it will need to have your username on it rather than whatever you picked when entering it. It can be reset later, but will require more work and help from an admin.

If it rejects your handle (that software is broken in much the same way Classic View was only worse), just let us know the Brand, Serial Number, Model and whatever handle you had on it in the past.
I got my Oliver listed, but cannot get it to take my Ford.

If you are just putting them in in the old system (the new one won't be up for at least a week), it suffers from a problem with special characters. If you have characters like $, ', !, `, #, |, * and a few other characters, it will reject the entry. It is because of a security audit that required me to do some stripping of characters for safety's sake. I have ways to get around this in the new system, but on the old one, it will flat reject your entry.

Be sure you use the same username you use here as the handle in the registry. The password is not important since it won't be used in the new system, it will use your forum login. Email only matters in the old registry but it will use your forum email and conversations when the new one goes in here.

If you still have trouble, just email me at the support at yt email with the particulars and I'll put it in for you.

The serial number registry has now been moved to this system. In cases where users have not corrected their Handle on their tractors in the registry, in order to access them, they will need to contact an admin to correct their username to match the forum username. Admins can be contacted through the Contact link at the bottom of the page. If you do this, provide the Brand, Model, and Serial Number of the tractor.

To access the registry, pull down the Resources menu.

Bruce Spoo here in Emerald,Wi. I would like to regain the ability to change/modify/delete all the the entries I have made over the last 15-20 years as "John Deere 70 Rowcrop" and "John Deere 70 Standard" under my login ID of "58720D". Handle may have changed over the years, but may be Blksmok or [email protected]. Can't remember that far back :) Obviously, I collect John Deere 70's. Thanks!

Bruce Spoo here in Emerald,Wi. I would like to regain the ability to change/modify/delete all the the entries I have made over the last 15-20 years as "John Deere 70 Rowcrop" and "John Deere 70 Standard" under my login ID of "58720D". Handle may have changed over the years, but may be Blksmok or [email protected]. Can't remember that far back :) Obviously, I collect John Deere 70's. Thanks!
Hi Bruce, I am able to help you with this. Can you please use the "Contact Us" form and provide the new email you would like to use there?

Thanks!

If you are just putting them in in the old system (the new one won't be up for at least a week), it suffers from a problem with special characters. If you have characters like $, ', !, `, #, |, * and a few other characters, it will reject the entry. It is because of a security audit that required me to do some stripping of characters for safety's sake. I have ways to get around this in the new system, but on the old one, it will flat reject your entry.

Be sure you use the same username you use here as the handle in the registry. The password is not important since it won't be used in the new system, it will use your forum login. Email only matters in the old registry but it will use your forum email and conversations when the new one goes in here.

If you still have trouble, just email me at the support at yt email with the particulars and I'll put it in for you.
It still won't let me add my Ford. It is a Model 640 built in 1954; s/n 4719 and is restored. Location is in Virginia.

Hi Bruce, I am able to help you with this. Can you please use the "Contact Us" form and provide the new email you would like to use there?

Thanks!
Can you walk me through how to modify/change my entry for John Deere, 70 Rowcrop, serial number 7022584? Do I need to do this for all entries have made in the past???

Can you walk me through how to modify/change my entry for John Deere, 70 Rowcrop, serial number 7022584? Do I need to do this for all entries have made in the past???
They ask you to use the Contact Us form as they may have to reset usernames or passwords due to the change in software and they won't do that on the open forum.

I can provide a few screen shots that should hopefully help:

1- Navigate to the tractor registry page and find "Change your tractors registry entry" - click that link

1712150513462.png

2- Enter your info here:

1712150600450.png

The registry automatically detects who you are based on your username (which obviously means you MUST be logged in for this to work).

In your specific case @Blksmok, we have reactivated your old user that would be tied to the registry and you should be able to edit your entries. As mentioned above, if you have any issues please use the Contact Us form and we can work with you to get any changes made and make sure everything is working as expected on your end. Thanks for posting!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back