WD-45 serial number decode

Full discloser I am more of a Case guy as I have several letter number tractors and a couple numbered ones as well, anyway I have figured out how to tell the year on a Case from the serial number, currently my son and I are restoring a Allis Chalmers WD-45 for a friend and would like to figure out what year it is. I found the serial number on the rear of the tractor on top of the housing to the right of the left brake cover. The serial number is : WD187708 with my Cases you subtract 4 from the first two digits, how does Allis Chalmers do theirs? and can I tell the year of the tractor from this number? I have found a couple charts online but nothing with this serial number on it? any help would be appreciated Thank you

The only way I know to find the year of an allis is to look up the serial number. On this site you click on the resources tab, click serial numbers, and click on allis chalmers then find the model and find where your serial number falls. In your case the serial number is slightly smaller than the start of the 1955 production so your tractor is a late 1954 model.

It's simply a sequential number. Nothing to decode. Wherever that number falls in the chart is the year it was made. Like funky said, your number falls just under 190933, the first one made in 55, so yours is a very late 54.
AaronSEIA

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back