selling advice

RPond

New User
I want advice from you sellers. I'm a newby. Discovered a box of my dad's old owner's manuals, etc. from the 1930's through 1960's and would like to sell them. YT seems
like a logical site. What's the best practice to get paid and not cheated? Can buyers bid? How do you handle shipping cost, add to the price? Any opinions welcome. Thank
you.

This is more for reviews of buyers/sellers rather than how to.

But to answer your question. I would do like most things. A check or money order has to clear the bank or you can send $ via Venmo or PayPal. These aren't going to be big transactions, so the likelihood of being scammed is low, but not non existent. Regarding shipping, I would figure out a flat rate envelope from USPS and just add that to the cost when people ask the price.

First of all, I'd make a list of the manuals and search ''completed auctions'' on ebay to get some idea what they MAY be worth.

If they have reasonable value, maybe list them there, there's always LOTS of manuals for sale, even obscure ones, and ebay gives WIDE exposure to such things, but at a $.

If not much value, maybe group them into lots by the manufacturer, making it easy for a collector of that ''brand'' to ''grab'' the lot of them.

Listing and selling them on YT would require more effort in collecting the $ and printing mailing labels but (of course) wouldn't cost anything.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back