Sears Gas Engine (old)

cleddy

Does anyone know what year a Sears gas engine Model number 500-306110 thru 500-306704 would have came out? I found a old Manual in my parents papers and I am 71 years old and never remember ever having a small Gas Engine like this around. It may have been for a pump jack before my time, As a kid Small engines were highly sought after. It states only 1.68 Hp @ 3600 RPM. Just wondering?

Does anyone know what year a Sears gas engine Model number 500-306110 thru 500-306704 would have came out? I found a old Manual in my parents papers and I am 71 years old and never remember ever having a small Gas Engine like this around. It may have been for a pump jack before my time, As a kid Small engines were highly sought after. It states only 1.68 Hp @ 3600 RPM. Just wondering?
As I recall, "500" is the Sears supplier code for Briggs and Stratton. Ignore the "500" and what is left is the Briggs model or code number. GOOGLE those six-digit numbers limiting results to B&S and you should find some info.

There is an extinct site that probably has some good info, ASECC.com.

It can be found on "The Wayback Machine" at archive.org.

If you don't find the Briggs info I can pist a direct link later from my computer at home.

Upvote 0
Looks like it may be a "N" model Briggs& Stratton sold by Sears&Roebuck. At least the pictures are similair and Bore and stroke is as listed in the Manual. Manual is very detailed as I think a person could do a complete overhaul and buy all new parts. If dates are accurate it would explain why I have no memory of it but seem to remember my Mom complaining how pumping some buckets of water difficult trying maintain a small engine. I only knew we had a Johnson Ironhorse engine off a washing machine which we tried to build anything we could with it?/

Attachments

• Engine_2024-03-15_131858.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 30
Upvote 0

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back