Questions on Yanmar engines

RBnSC

Boss acquired a 997JD mower with a disassembled 3 cyl diesel that has been exposed to the elements. Also have a 3310 Jd tractor engine stuck but together. Both I understand are Yanmar. He wants me to fix the mower. I have been looking for a used or rebuilt engine. There are lots of them out there that look physically the same but i don't understand how to identify or know what will bolt in place of what's there. The best i can figure is this mower engine is a 3tnv82a. I don't anything about them except i owned a yanmar excavator one time and the little motor never gave a minutes trouble and is still running today.
Any help appreciated.
Ron

Boss acquired a 997JD mower with a disassembled 3 cyl diesel that has been exposed to the elements. Also have a 3310 Jd tractor engine stuck but together. Both I understand are Yanmar. He wants me to fix the mower. I have been looking for a used or rebuilt engine. There are lots of them out there that look physically the same but i don't understand how to identify or know what will bolt in place of what's there. The best i can figure is this mower engine is a 3tnv82a. I don't anything about them except i owned a yanmar excavator one time and the little motor never gave a minutes trouble and is still running today.
Any help appreciated.
Ron
Is the mower the older 997?
or 997R
or Z997R?
Here is a JD flyer on the 997......997 flyer

Okay gotchya, my bad.

The 3310 must be a misprint as that is a full size 75hp farm tractor.
You are right. My bad, it is a 3320. The tractor only had a few hours and ended up under water and sent to scrapyard. We got it from there and set it aside. when i looked at it the air cleaner was off and open to the elements. although stuck it's there for parts. the engine physically lots the same as the mower.

You are right. My bad, it is a 3320. The tractor only had a few hours and ended up under water and sent to scrapyard. We got it from there and set it aside. when i looked at it the air cleaner was off and open to the elements. although stuck it's there for parts. the engine physically lots the same as the mower.
JD3320 is a Yanmar US series model.

The YTOG has the service manuals for free,

YANMAR ENGINE DI 3TNV 4TNV SERVICE MANUAL 2005 0BTNV-G00102.pdf

YANMAR ENGINE 3TNV - 4TNV FULL SERVICE MANUAL M9961-02E050.pdf

YANMAR ENGINE DI 3TNV 4TNV SERVICE MANUAL 2012 0BTNV-G00103.pdf

Yanmar 3TNV88
diesel
3-cylinder
liquid-cooled

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back