Puma1000 Steiger Transmission Problems

Wildcat4250

New User
I have a 86 Puma 1000 with 4900 hours that has been well maintained with transmissions shifting issues. It has a 12 speed skip shift. Tractor has been jumping out of 3rd n 7th while under a load or not...basically transmission goes into neutral. It also likes to act weird n jump outta gear in 1,2,8,9 but it's intermittent. I haven't had any problem in 4,5,6,10,11,12. Transmission also likes to just randomly shift up on its own in the lower ranger gears...so be driving in 3rd n it shifts up on its own to 4th...it will shift up on its own in reverse too so I'll be backing up in reverse 1 n it just shifts into reverse 2 on its own. It throws a E50 code which I completely checked out. I replaced MPH n RPM sensors, replaced clutch cable, adjust clutch numerous times, disassembled spool value on front of transmission housing n cleaned, adjusted reed switch by clutch pedal. Transmission also shifts really hard from 6 to 7. The skip shift seems to be working right. It seems like something electric but not sure what. Any help would be great! Thanks

I am no expert but I would do the easy stuff first, change the trans fluid if it has not been done recently, filter too.
Then go to the Case IH dealer and get help if still screwed up.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back